Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swung a 396 in my 96 fleet. I need the thing finished up and i can't do it. I need someone familiar with these cars that when the acc,fuel lines, harness and delteq installed plus a dyno tune.i need this done asap and the place in bk i have been trying to get to do it for the past year has been giving me the runaround.thanks for any help...,Dan

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
I swung a 396 in my 96 fleet. I need the thing finished up and i can't do it. I need someone familiar with these cars that when the acc,fuel lines, harness and delteq installed plus a dyno tune.i need this done asap and the place in bk i have been trying to get to do it for the past year has been giving me the runaround.thanks for any help...,Dan
Dont know the area you are at but PM BK (Big Kahuna) or Area 51.

Paul (Area 51) knows LT1s better than the you know the back or front of your hand.

Also you may want to move this thread to Engine performance or Engine Problems/Maintenance as more people will see it.

Good luck. There are tons of great people here willing to help!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Thanks heavy good idea. How do I move the thread

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Have you tried 'Street Smart' on Utica ave or 'Farks' on 66th and 8th?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
street smart

I have been trying to get charlie at street smart to work on my car for two years and he always tells me two weeks. He did my posi and gears a while back to him three weeks. But i need to get this thing started......Do you have a# for farks

·
Registered
858 Posts
I have been trying to get charlie at street smart to work on my car for two years and he always tells me two weeks. He did my posi and gears a while back to him three weeks. But i need to get this thing started......Do you have a# for farks
Use the phonebook Farks Supercars

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Farks

Thanks for the assistance, I sent farks an email......By the stuff on their site they look pretty capable. To bad im not doing 10's and need a sick cage

·
Registered
702 Posts
does area 51 have a website, just did a quick search and i couldn't find it???

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
area 51

He pm d me back. He said he was not taking on sidejobs.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mech in ny

Anyone else have any ideas?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nyc mech shop

Anyone else? I contacted the two shops mentioned and no return calls.any info is appreciated

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
anyone else have some info for me.I just need a good lt1 mech in ny area

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
I know a place on 220 park ave under the BQE, ask for the owner, his name is Jerrard, tell him Ree with the black Impala sent you. He always has muscle cars in the lot. He works on both my SS's, my 95 Impala and 85 Monte. He has a a good network to. he knows a reputable machine shop that did my engine. He's very honest and his rates are extremely cheap. He did my try y's and full cat back exhuast from clear image for $300 dollars!!!! Hes been in the neighborhood working on muscle cars a long time 20 plus years. Tuning your pcm is on you tho. You can email: [email protected] if you need a tune. He also is in Brooklyn but on the other side of town.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the info, pm sent.......

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
220 park ave

I spoke to jerrard today he said he would do the work I have to call him sat.?Do you think he would be good with doing my delteq too .he did say he worked on mostly the older cars not many lt1s...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
220 park ave

Thanks for the info he taking my car in this week

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks

Car is in at mech ....thanks for the info Reess

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
anytime Big, Im going over there tomorrow to check your car out. Im surprise he would say he hasnt worked on many LT1's. there was a guy before me who's Lt1 383 was built there. Hes had mine in there a few times plus someone saw my car and brought there own Impala in. I'll be over there to explain him the delteq

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks

Ree I think he meant that he works on the older stuff more than the lt1 .I spoke with him when I dropped off some of the parts he seems to know whats up..I told him the delteq swithches the opti to northstar style coils and he said he had seen this before ..I have been trying to get into street smart for almost two years ,this guy took two days and when I got there they were already under the hood working.On another note I think I remember jerrard from back in the days on fountain ave. He looks very familiar .Ree I owe you one ,thanks again...Danny

1 - 20 of 23 Posts