Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If ltz doesnt stand for anything what does LT1 stand for just curious

------------------
92 CAPRICE LTZ stock 305,3.23gears,pete jackson gear drive,K&Nfilter,customduals,ssgrille,clear fronts and rear lights,msd 8.5 wires x4plugs 6Amsd box,B&M shift kit
DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It's just a code that GM used for the engine. Just like yours is LO3, and the TBI 350 LO5, the MPFI 350 in the B-bodies, F-bodies, and Corvettes code was LT1.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh ok i see thanks

------------------
92 CAPRICE LTZ stock 305,3.23gears,pete jackson gear drive,K&Nfilter,customduals,ssgrille,clear fronts and rear lights,msd 8.5 wires x4plugs 6Amsd box,B&M shift kit

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know what LTZ stands for, but according to B-Body.net, LT1 stands for lima tango one, LT4 stands for lima tango four, and L99 stands for lima nine-nine. Now whatever lima means, I have no idea.

This http://www.b-body.net/acronymSS.html is a good page to look at if you want to know what some of the acronyms tossed around this forum mean, they don't have em all, but they do have a lot.

------------------

95 9C1 LT1

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually Lima is simply a way of saying L. It is a way of annunciating. For instance, instead of saying N1A6P, It could be stated as November 1 Alpha 6 Papa.

(Can anyone tell I'm a Pilot
)

------------------
Ben Bawkon
96 DCM - (4DR-LT1)
[email protected]

**Never Look Back; Those Flashing Red and Blue Lights will Drive you Crazy**

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's a question to add to the confusion of the LTZ name: Does anyone know which engine the LTZ cars came with, because I have been getting conflicting info. I've seen 1991-1993 LTZ's that have the 350, but according to BBODYLTZN's signature, his has a 305, so who can clear this up?

------------------
1994 Caprice Classic 9C1
~White, spotlight, no mods yet.
1991 Caprice (civilian)
~Black, no mods yet.
ISSCA member #00320

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
'91/'92 LTZ's only came with LO3 305's, '93 had a slightly detuned LO5 350 as an option.

------------------
Pete M. '96 DCM SS, '96 B4U Caprice, '91 9C1, '69 Impala spt cpe, '01 Yukon XL

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FYI the :LTZ is the "sport suspension package" that was available on the Caprice. I have a 93 w/ the detuned L05. It does have the 3.08 rear end w/ the GU4 positraction, F/R sway bars and higher rate front springs( possibly proportional rate)7TN, non-variable power assist steering,Al wheels, thick leather wrapped s/wheel,certified speedo, gas bib(white),short hood ornament(BA1) and the RPO code shows MD8 to be the THM 700R4 trans(?). From the post I have seen the frame is supposed to be the same as the 9C1. I have yet to find the following RPO codes that are on the car( IQC, UU8, U41, 1AY, 1SZ).
-Scott

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RPO MD8 is the 4L60.

The LTZ was a trim marketing package, like the LS is to a Caprice Classic. VIN denoted as a carline series. It is not a RPO.

Suspension should be F41 or FE3 for sport or firm ride/handling.

GU4 - 3.08

G80 - positraction

IQC - tires?

UU8 - radio,AM/FM stereo, SEEK/SCAN, AUTO REV MUSIC

U41 - indicator, low fuel

1AY - ???

1SZ - ???

??? = code doesn't come up in dealer network

For more RPO's http://www.9c1.com/technical/rpo_codes.htm

[This message has been edited by Sleeper (edited March 07, 2001).]

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Sleeper!
Still curious if all L05's for 93' have the 3" y-pipe and 9C1 manifolds. Car has a honeycomb type cat.(not the bead catalyst bed unit). I think the chip is different too. - Scott " I need more power cap'n"

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well guys my 92 ltz came with the 305 ,3.23posi gear,sport suspention and many more it basicly has the 9c1 package just without the 350 engine i have a pic of my ltz but i dont know how to get it on this site if anyone wants one just e-mail me

------------------
92 CAPRICE LTZ stock 305,3.23gears,pete jackson gear drive,K&Nfilter,duel exuast,ssgrille,clear fronts and rear lights,msd 8.5 wires x4plugs
DONT DRINK AND DRIVE YOU WILL SPILL YOUR BEER

[This message has been edited by BBODYLTZN (edited March 07, 2001).]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts