Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think thats the name. Same one as Thump.

Man this thing makes my subs (eD OV2) sound deeper and cleaner...But I only listened for a bit, but the voltage reads 14.5 and temp got up to 80 just sitting on for 10 mins.
So far so good.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just drove it around a bit. I think my gain is set too low, but it gives such clean deep crisp bass I don't even need anymore. This amp is such an improvement and is the best amp I have owned for subs. I give it two subs up.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I will be getting me one of these amps. Whenever I can clean up my highs first. Thanks K Gee.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man I still can't believe the fullness of sound is gives. Before on this one song I really like (name escapes me but its new Xzibit, Snoop or Game) and the bass was there, but sounded low and somewhat sloppy. Now the bass actually sounds clearer, not sloppy, deeper, louder...just great.
This is my first mono amp, others claimed Class D and would have stereo hookups.

So glad I didnt get the Viper/DEI and risked this amp.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agreed x10!

Did you have any dimming issues? I bought a 200a alternator off the forum, but it ended up only pushing out 11.4v. Hopefully I will have that all resolved soon.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you know it seems I have no dimming issues anymore. And this is a 120amp rated amp, and my old one was rated at 90amps.
I havent noticed dimming and my amp reads 14.3V all the time.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
woops spoke too soon
I was getting of the freeway and noticed my HVAC lights were dimming a lot. Turned it down, turned it back up and the bass went off.

No blown fuses in-line or on amp.

Temp on amp read 95 and voltage was 14.4

What does the temp have to reach to go into protection? To the touch, amp was cold.

Possibly blown sub? It wasn't even that high(volume) :confused:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by k gee™:

What does the temp have to reach to go into protection? To the touch, amp was cold.

Possibly blown sub? It wasn't even that high(volume) :confused:
160 degrees. I would check the wiring or head unit. I had a little mishap as well with my bass going off. Turns out I had hit the private mode button I knew nothing about on the in dash and it cuts the signal to the rear.

The Amp also has LEDs on it to tell you if you have an overload, etc. Are any on?

It comes with a 3-way (thermal, short, and overload) protection circuitry and a quiet fan cooling system.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My power light and protected light are both on.

Nothing on the h/u was touched.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a 2nd batt in trunk...Im wondering if I should just take it out.
But its wired to front batt with fuses in between. No fuse from 2nd to amp yet.
All 4awg wiring.
I was gonna try to unwire the amp and reinstall to see if it resets it from protection. :confused:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is 4 gauge adequate to run this Amp? What other amp(s) are you running?

Im running 2 amps on 2 gauge.

If your lights were dimming, perhaps there is a power/wiring issue.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You just want me to buy yout 0awg (JK I wish I could get it though)

But I am running only this amp.
I think 4awg is enough.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kev,
Do you have warranty on it? The MA Audio warehouse is in Rancho Dominguez.

Also, did you buy a new or refurb?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Maybe it is my remote wiring? It is really small 18awg remote.

Maybe its not getting enough voltage?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
dog, hit me up, i get a really good deal with MA Audio, i got a spot that will take it bakc because i get so much stuff from them and the know the quality of my installs and have actually installed stuff for theyere customers. I am in LA, close to staples center,

Audio Werks
Jonathan Edwards
213-948-7959

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The second battery in the trunk lost its ground connection so this was the problem I guess. Now my front battery is dead and wont start the car. So hopefully when I get the starter battery working the amp will work. I am deleting the 2nd batt for now.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok well, I got the main battery working and hooked it up properly and the protection light was still coming on.

Then I change ground locations for the amp and it went from reading 12v to 6V and protection light went off. But the amp isnt gonna run at 6V.
Now my main battery is back to 10.9-11V.

So the amp seems to be draining the battery.
Does the amp have a short? Or can I come to the conclusion this amp is bad?

1 - 20 of 67 Posts