Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do are your thoughts? They are made from 2"x 3" 6061 alloy aluminum. Standard length.

I've never posted a picture before but that doesn't look right. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks to Bill Crovo for the digital pictures. They came out alright!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Paul,

I really want to c the lower control arms.
You need to have the picture hosted on the web your hard drive wont do it.

If you E-mail the picture to me I will host it for u and post it too

TAD

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good Paul. How close are your fuel lines at the left front of the left arm. . I made mine from 2x3 .120 steel and they are very close to the lines on my wagon. Do the sedans have the lines routed differently?
Did you put steel sleeves in for the bushings or are you running them on the aluminum?
Gerry

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pictures on are on the way, Tad.

I did not sleeve the bushings as they are completely encaptured by the aluminum. I did put a grease fitting in for each bushing and machined a spiral groove in each bushing hole for the grease to fill.
I have not installed them yet. Still too cold for me around here. Next month. ;)

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paul, you can't post them from your PC. I'll host a couple on my picture site and post them here... Gimme a sec...

Here ya go!

Email me if you want me to put up any more.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well those are pretty awesome looking. Nice work!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very nice Paul!! Mine are not near as nice to look at. With salted roads and arrant floor jacks I made the choice of steel.
What bushings did you use? I found some really cool ones that are three piece. The theory is soft outers for give when the car leans and a rock hand center for no fore to aft movement. Again, beautiful work on yours. Regards, Gerry

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just used the Energy Suspension polyurethane bushings. I would also have been concerned about salt pitting the aluminum but I put my car away each winter. I considered anodizing them but local anodizer wanted $50 bucks so I just sprayed several coats of clearcoat.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Those look great. Is the odd pattern of holes to accomodate the bolt holes where the sway-bar goes? They appear to be solid 2"x3" bar stock are they? If so how much do they weigh?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so whats up when do they go into production they look really neat keep my name in your head if you are willing to sell a couple make me in fact # 1 as long as they are not more then a set j& m's

keep in touch please pauld.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts