Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know how to clean my MAF sensor. I read Qtips and alcohol is good but need pics and instructions on how to go about it. thanks

·
Registered
400 Posts
Mine is due as well. I remember a few months ago they were talking about a product just for cleaning a maf. I'm sure someone will chime in.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
also i unplugged where the PCV valve is to replace it but can't seem to get it out of the black sleeve/rubber thing.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yep, same stuff i use too. I take off and clean my MAF sensor with that CRC spray every time i clean/recharge my K&N filters. Good stuff, dries really fast too.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Better to use the spray shown, The old Q tip method can work but you have to be VERY CAREFUL!! Very easy to damage the very sensitive elements. Ask me how I know. Trying to help an elderly lady neighbor who is car illiterate, I "cleaned" her poor performing Honda MAF being super careful but DAMN!! Broken will trigger CEL. Cost me hours of JY searching and $75 (they are not dummies) and excuses why it took so long. A dealer one was $300+.

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
I don't see a image you use
Because the post is from TEN years ago.

The spray people use is called MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR CLEANER. Available off the shelf at pretty much any auto parts store in the country.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts