Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ordered a MAF sensor AC Delco Part # 508 213-4527 but it is different from the one I am replacing, it is all plastic. Does it make a difference? Is this part as good in function as AC Delco part #25008308(that I got from sticky and should have looked at before I ordered the part)? What is the difference? Will it function the same as the stock one that I am replacing? Can I just get the sensor part and not the aluminum housing?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Maf

What MAF Sensor do you recommend?

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'm assuming you're talking about the F-body MAF, correct? I have the same one and from what I've read everything is the same but the look.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Maf

I have a 95 9C1. I did a data log here it is, check it out let me know what you think, it looks like the MAF is reading high when it runs rough. The engine will run rough then it will smooth out and run rough again. I ordered the one for the caprice AC Delco Part # 508 213-4527. Should I have gotten this one 25008308 3.5" MAF sensor?

Attachments

·
Registered
372 Posts
I had mine on for a few miles before I took my motor apart and I got a couple check engine lights for I think it was P0103 - MAP sensor circuit high frequency.
I pick up my block from cleaning today so I won't have my motor back together for a while.
I'll be following this to see what comes out of it. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Mass Air Flow Sensor

Because of the sewerpipe mod I can't use the plastic MAF AC Delco Part # 508 213-4527 because the aluminum housing of the sensor is connected to the PVC going to the air box. So I ordered MAF DELPHI Part # AF10045, it's new no core charge. I can take the sensor out of the housing and install it into the one I have attached to the PVC. The only sensor I could find with out the housing was STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # MF8302 it's remanufactured and had a core charge. Did I post the data log correctly, we used Data Master. Your input is very appreciated.Thank you.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts