Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Magnaflow 2.5" universal converters?

725 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  matthimself456 
#1 ·
Trying to decide where to use cats or not? Car is in louisiana, no emissions test. Preparing an exhaust overhaul, tired of my current setup of flowmaster american thunder.

New set up will include tri-ys, pypes x pipe, spintech pro street with turndowns

I'm looking at the universal magnaflow cats as my option if i decide to run them. Pros/Cons on this? Also a part number would be great.

The other option is to run extended hookup pipes. Pros/Cons on this?

car is a 96 impala, no longer a daily driver. Driven on weekends maybe 2 weekends per month. Thanks for your time

#2 ·
If you're getting tri-ys, get the pipes from CIA or Focuztech to hook it up to the catback, that way everything bolts in easy. They have hi-flow cats availible, I think around $250 for the hookup pipes with cats. Use your best judgement, the exhaust will stink without them but it'll sound better. If you're not worried about getting ticketed and can put up with the smell occasionally I'd say skip them. My weekend/track car (the SS) has hi flow cats, and my daily doesn't. I got use to it without them and will probably take them off the SS one of these days. I just keep the mileage low so it gets an emissions exemption.

#4 · (Edited)
If you can skip out on your taxes, do it. Don't worry our government can take it. etc., etc., etc.....

(But I'm just one person, so it doesn't matter. I can make my own laws). Student of what?

Our future is in good hands with this kind of thinking

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.