Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever had a problem with their Mallory 685 ignition controller? My car just died at the staging lanes last night. When I looked at the Mallory box, the digital display was blank and the selector LED was on. By passed it and I finished running for the night. Just no use of N2O.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
these mallorys have failed in the past like said. mine hasn't left me stranded but the window switch has been acting funny on the juice

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
some have said they don't like a lot of heat, where did you mount yours? I know one local guy had issues with his, and after having mallory fix it, he went with the digital 6 and add on window switch.

I had one on my car. Although never used it for nitrous, I had it mounted atop a nice metal plate on top of the pcm, and I shielded (per someone's recommendations) the wires with some metal tape. Never had an issue with it.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
mine is also above the pcm

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
My 685 box is mounted on a metal plate on top of the plastic radiator shroud. I'm sure it gets a lot of heat in that area but with my supercharger and intake piping I had a hard time finding a place to mount it. It has been there for about 4 years (but only 3k miles) with no issues at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts