Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking into putting a manual gearbox on my 96 SS and was wondering if anyone might know where i can find one. Let me know. Thanks

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
www.bigfastcar.com

Also try looking in the drivetrain section. There is a wealth of knowledge there. It's one of the best mods you can do to your SS!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do it! I'm going to start gathering the parts myself.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ONEBAD_SS,
when you go to drivetrain, search for "T56, 6 speed, & six speed". You will find a ton of info and some guys that will love to tell you the dos & don'ts of the install.
JP

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the confusion i've caused, but i'm looking for a manual steering box. Not a manual tranny. If anyone can help, thanks.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bringing this post back. (I want one too).
Anyone have info or experience on a manual streering box?
Flaming river? S-10 truck?
Anyone do it?
I want to.
thanks,
Karl Ellwein

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, heck-e-doodles. I'm answering my own question. Did some searching and found the Flaming River FLA-FR1495 that fits 94-96 Caprice as per Summit Racing, web page

Also find it a Flaming River's web PAGE

hummm.. $500 bucks.
Karl

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Karl, anyone, is there another manual steering box that will fit an SS? S10 maybe?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have 2 manual boxes now. One for the Guff-Wein and one on the shelf for T.H.E.

Don't know the actual car/truck source but I get them from a guy in PA via Ebay. About $100 bucks each.

I'll try to find the auction and the guys name/email for you.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How hard is it to turn the wheel when the car is stopped? I need a new/rebuilt box and my PS pump sounds like its about to die. I'm also curious about a manual box.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i recently went to a manual steering box in my big block el camino.it really surprised me how hard it is to turn the wheels.will give your arms a workout for sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts