Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what the difference is between manual valves and electric valves for air suspension. I know the electric ones have switches but how do you use manual valves?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
manual valves... also known as ball valves. they have a big lever sticking off the side. you pull the lever and it twists the ball inside. the ball has a hole in it. so... there is little benefits, besides the fact of having to twist the damn lever everytime. you han 'slightly twist' the lever and get real slow air.. but you will never have an instant air like a poppet valve (like the electric selenoids we use).. the other draw back is that oyu have to mount all the valves next to you in the seat, rather than run electric wires to the valves. so if you wanted to do FBSS, or all UP all DOWN, you would need like 8 hands.

it is cheaper. but spend the extra money and enjoy the ease. i was trying to think of a reason that you would actually want manual valves, and no application comes to mind.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there is one usable thing... now, if you were body dropped, and laying door, then you might want manual DOWNS that you could SLOWWWWWLY lower the car down. even then youd prolly still use normal valves, and just T one off that would let you lower them all at once.

I have 1/2" GC 400 valves for 62$ but you can prolly find several places to get them from.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.