Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to purchase replacements for these seals? I have a leak coming from front of the master cylinder where the reservoir mates to it. I'm not clear whether a master cylinder rebuild kit comes with these particular seals or if I can get them separately.

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
well I perused the sealed in bag mc rebuild kit from napa I picked up for future use.
I did not see any o-rings, theres two loose cup seals but I think those are for the forward piston assembly.
might see if they are available separately.

·
Premium Member
6,397 Posts
It does not appear that these parts are still available--there was, at one time, a replacement reservoir kit, PN 18016510 that included the seals (called grommets)--which had no PN of their own.

You might ask a dealer to do a system-wide search and individual dealer search for this item, as there COULD be one out there...the only other solution would most likely be replacing the entire MC.

BRAKES - 1991-1996 B BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER (CENTER COMPENSATING)(DELCO)

Sort of like the park brake lever boots for rear disc backing plates (that I happen to have) which were "officially" available from GM only in the park brake master repair kit.

The other "possibility" would be that there are newer model replacement reservoirs that ARE still serviced by GM and MAY actually use the same grommets, which would be a matter of getting the assistance of a knowledgeable & cooperative parts guy who would be able to research this. You can do a certain amount on your own via the Compnine.com website by looking at the brake systems on newer GM models that still have parts support (2001 & newer, most likely)--you never know what you might find!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts