Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
There are several of us running 11's or better N/A. Notables Pat Gish 11.20's, Mike Harris 10.50's, me Frank Staton 11.90's last week first time at the track with my new setup in 90 + degree weather. There are several more. And running from stock short blocks to 400+ cubes. I don't care what bottom end you may have but if you don't have a good top end to support it, it does not matter. Having a good set of heads and properly spec'd cam makes all the difference in the world. Pat Gish runs a rebuilt stock short block with AI heads and cam and with lightening of the car but still able to be driven back and forth to the track and runs 11.20's N/A. Mike Harris at 10.50's is still streetible. I don't care what you put into the bottom end its what you do with the top end that's going to make your power.

·
Registered
743 Posts
yeah i know about the top end being responsible for making all of the power, im just curious as to how much an lt1 block with 4 bolt mains is capable of with maximum stroke and best head options. i already have decided that if i do get this 4 bolt block that i want to go with an ai setup for my top end maybe even give their fully ported lt4 heads a try. tell me about this 385 block that you have if you dont mind. those numbers are super impressive. what exactly consists of a 385? i know what makes a 383 but not a 385.
A 385 is the simply a .040 over instead .030 over bore. Still a 3.75 stroke. My 385 is a 4 bolt slayed block with Moroso block filler to bottom of freeze plugs, Scat forged crank and 6" Scat Pro Comp forged rods, Mahle forged coated flat top pistons, AI ported 200cc stock casting aluminum heads, ported intake, and AI custom cam.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.