Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Well.....so far......and in my opinion, Jeff, Tad and others have given you some real good info.

As for me......I'm a couple weeks away from completing an engine build that should've been completed a long, long time ago.

Decked 398ci LTx Block (4.040" bore & 3.875" stroke)
12.3:1 Compression Ratio with .043" Quench
Ported AFR 210 racing heads
1.7 ratio Comp Cams shaft mounted rockers
Solid roller cam; 242* intake duration, 110 LSA, .667" Intake Lift
Super Ram Intake w/Monoblade TB & 60LB injectors
No Freakin' Opti.........LTCC ;)
Stock PCM Tuned by PCMforLess......
I may go to a F.A.S.T. system later after I see what the HP curve looks like.
I plan to rev to about 6800 RPMs.

Engine builder believes 575+ HP/600+ Tq at the crank is likely.

Once complete......engine & chassis dyno figures will be posted.

My only concern is the effect the Super Ram will have on my HP curve. I'm hoping that the rest of the combination can 'break through' the HP & rev limitations of the intake. But hell, that's why we do these things......to see what happens :) .

KW
Come KW you should go for the NA record...that way Mike can get off his azz and hit the 9's...I know Mike wants to just no motivation...give it to him ;)

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Engines are engines for the most part. The LSX doesn't use a 23 degree head so fab a set of heads for an LT at 18 degree or better and it will make just as much power NA as a LS does. The LS engies just took what racing was already doing and made it a production engine. Put an 18 degree head on Mike's car and it will run 9's.
Mike, are you up to the challenage???? Do it!!! Make history again!!!

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I have an LS1 in my Mazda with lightly ported heads and a small cam (220* intake duration) and it makes as much power at the wheels a 383 LT4 stroker with LE3 heads and a solid roller cam.

Granted, the drivetrain losses are not the same between an RX7 and a Caprice. But considering the huge cost difference between the engines, LS1 is a much better deal. Now a 6.2L LSx with L92/LS3 heads is a whole different ballgame. I do not see any reason for building an 18* headed gen-1/2 SBC unless you are racing in a specific class.
Sooo after I blow the doors off these lsx turbo implals on the forum with my LT1, then what???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.