Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just got my car running. Had a few other posts regarding small issues and was able to get fixed with help here so I'll try again.

Installed a used tranny with aroung 120k miles. I changed the front pump and installed a T-Go HD-2 kit before install. Also installed a Yank SS3600 stall. I got my PCM back from pcmforless and decided to go for a drive.

Seems like I am starting in first with no shifting at all, regardless of which gear I choose with the shifter. I get up to about 50mph and just start bouncing off the rev-limiter- ~6200. This happens at part and wot.

TPS is .67 @ idle and max is 4.33 . I adjusted this for the 58mm tb before the tune. I am also running a comp 503 cam.

Any help would be appreciated, I will likely end up swapping the tranny but want to make sure its not something with the harness or pcm first.

I may be forgetting something so ask and I will try to answer.

Thanks

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No check engine light or codes with these symptoms.

I unpluuged the trans connector and nothing changes but I do get codes. Still the same symptoms.

Anything? Anyone??

·
Super Moderator
8,898 Posts
So you drove it with the transmission connector unplugged but it still started out in first? Then you've got something preventing 2nd and 3rd gear from applying. Sounds like a mechanical problem. The other thing I'd want to do is monitor what the PCM is telling the transmission to do. If the PCM isn't commanding 2nd or 3rd gear, then something is wrong with the PCM.

But given that you just worked on the trans, my money would be on something mechanical. I would start with the PCM though, as it's easier to check.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts