Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Finally decided to sell my MBA Billet Radiator Shroud! If u know anything about MBA products u know they are badaSS and hard to come by.
$250 shipped plus PayPal fees

Premium Member
As an FYI, your piece is not billit, it's sheet aluminum.

Billit is for when a piece is machined, typically on a CNC or a milling machine. The piece you have was most likely made on a turret punch, and formed in a press brake.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
As an FYI, your piece is not billit, it's sheet aluminum.

Billit is for when a piece is machined, typically on a CNC or a milling machine. The piece you have was most likely made on a turret punch, and formed in a press brake.
*billet 馃槙

Registered
The manufacturing process is correct as identified but it's still manufactured by MBA who is no longer in business. If the shroud is am MBA product, it will / should have "MBA" engraved on the farside along with their phone no from back in the day.

That's what MBA would do with all of their products to identify them.

The AL sheet that was referenced would still have to be the correct AL alloy (grade). As an example, for workability 1100 or 3003 alloy, 6061 alloy for machining etc..

It's a nice piece I've had & sold about 3 of them. All of which were MBA products.

I replaced the 1st 1 when I decided to fix a chrome pitting issue on the 1st 1 I had done. I then sold those & bought the 3rd so I could get it engraved.

Bump for a good seller.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
The manufacturing process is correct as identified but it's still manufactured by MBA who is no longer in business. If the shroud is am MBA product, it will / should have "MBA" engraved on the farside along with their phone no from back in the day.

That's what MBA would do with all of their products to identify them.

The AL sheet that was referenced would still have to be the correct AL alloy (grade). As an example, for workability 1100 or 3003 alloy, 6061 alloy for machining etc..

It's a nice piece I've had & sold about 3 of them. All of which were MBA products.

I replaced the 1st 1 when I decided to fix a chrome pitting issue on the 1st 1 I had done. I then sold those & bought the 3rd so I could get it engraved.

Bump for a good seller.
Thanks Brother, I ended up selling it last week!

Registered
*billet 馃槙
It's pronounced "bill - Lay". >:)

Glad to see you got yours sold and since you did....

For anyone else that may be looking, pretty sure I saw someone making these up....Hack? But I also found that Street Trends has go them listed at $149. Not sure if theirs is a MBA part or if they still stock them, but they do appear to include the same Mount Washers/bolts as the MBA piece. I picked mine up years ago from Bob Kowalski selling left over MBA parts and it was the last one he had so they could be a tough find.

Premium Member
[SNIP]

For anyone else that may be looking, pretty sure I saw someone making these up....Hack? But I also found that Street Trends has go them listed at $149. Not sure if theirs is a MBA part or if they still stock them, but they do appear to include the same Mount Washers/bolts as the MBA piece. I picked mine up years ago from Bob Kowalski selling left over MBA parts and it was the last one he had so they could be a tough find.
Bob,

You're correct. I have made a few things in SolidWorks that Scott/HACK either has in production or in the prototype phase. I won't go into any detail on upcoming parts, but anyone can PM me if they have a need for something.

I made these "Deflectors" about 10 years ago for some folks on the forum. And in reference to this particular piece, we are at the costing phase right now. 10 Years ago I was lucky enough to work for a company that had In-House sheetmetal fabrication and production, along with powder coating finish work. I was in charge of programming the engineering prototype work/production. 55 station turret punch (Seen here: Turrets/Hydraulic/358King | Amada America), and I would get in a part of my own on the 'drop' material that was too small for any production parts.

The cost on those things thru Street Trends is -*INSANE*-. I sold mine for $75

Sorry to Hy-jack the thread, but this piece sold last week.

I'm going to speak with HACK tomorrow and see if he's had any requests for anything he doesn't currently have in production. I'll see about creating a thread where some folks can post a 'Wish List', and see where the demand is, and if there is enough demand, go into prototyping and then production runs.

We don't want to go about advertising anything that we are in the protoyping phase of, but we certainly will take requests. I have to speak with HACK before doing anything regarding new work at this time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts