Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I am trying to figure somethings out and I figured that I would ask on here if one of you would happen to have the driveshaft out of your caprice or impala for that matter if you could measure from the top of the output shaft splines to the floor that is if you have any automatic. Since I don't have a 4L60E caprice or imp available I need to get this measurement for comparison sake. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I may have misspoken, the bushings that are installed are the latter, with information provided by Scott for the installation and procurement and installation by the owner of the car, I was under the impression that they were the same as the 9C1 units.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Also keep in mind that the common bushing upgrade is for the lower bushings. The upper bushings are what would change the measurement you're looking for.

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I talked with the owner last night after I got done pulling the trans, massaging the tunnel and putting it back in, he stated the lowers were the only thing that he changed, the uppers in the middle of the body are squished pretty good. I think that I got it, I gained almost an inch of clearance with a poly mount and one shim on the trans last night, from my gentle beating to the tunnel :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts