Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I renewed my ISSCA membership online on 1-8-11 and was charged the $30.00

I have not HERD anything since, was wondering when I will get my new membership info??

Tom Dinkel
HERD Member#19
ISSCA Member#455

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Yah, I'll go ahead and do a +1 on that. In the same boat having joined up again a month or two back.

I've usually gotten a pin and a laminated card and maybe sporatic mags other years for membership, so the swag certainly ain't the draw. cwm2

ISSCA officers don't pull big bucks either for their efforts so sure don't expect them to waste too much time holding our hands. I heard something about a secret code members get for online club mags. Just curious what the drill is.

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
Im wondering the same thing.. I signed up and paid last month and havent heard anything either.

Do they snail mail everything? If, so I will have to wait till my mail gets forwarded to Iraq.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I renewed my ISSCA membership online on 1-8-11 and was charged the $30.00

I have not HERD anything since, was wondering when I will get my new membership info??

Tom Dinkel
HERD Member#19
ISSCA Member#455

Does anybody from the ISSCA B.O.D. read this forum anymore?
Can someone answer the membership question??

Tom Dinkel

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Does anybody from the ISSCA B.O.D. read this forum anymore?
Can someone answer the membership question??

Tom Dinkel
Yo Tom,

You can email [email protected] and mayhaps get reply. The ISSCA site also says you can contact your region Director - if you know who that is of course. ;) Considering they ain't getting paid and most them guys likely got day jobs, I figure meh on getting instantaneous reply. The password to SScene Mag would be nice - if one is out there.

·
Registered
405 Posts
You guys heard anything?

Thinking about joining, but in kinda looks like I should just go out in the yard and burn the money instead...:D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Member Cards / Welcome Packets

All- We at ISSCA realize member card / welcome packet distribution (or lack there of) is a current issue. We are working on that behind the scenes to make the process much smoother. To that end and without going into detail Bob Fandetti our PRO who distributes these, has had major surgery recently. ISSCA realizes with his busy work & travel schedule it would be difficult for him to stay on it all time as it was. Add in a number of pre and post doctor visits, as well as, rehab and you can understand there is only so much time in a day. I’m happy to report Bob is doing well! He is recovering from surgery by processing member packets, that folks is club dedication! Your understanding in this matter is appreciated and Bob tells me he is and will be sending 2011 members e-mails this and next week.

Personally, I don’t need a piece of laminated paper or plastic to know that I’m part of a great organization and reap its benefits.

Ed Bowser
ISSCA Prez

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Ed,

Roger all, and thanks for the reply. Gratifying for me to confirm my ESPN is working - pretty much half-assed guessed about what's up. Thanks for yous guy's efforts and glad to hear that a fellow Bob is doing good.

ps - I recall hunting the site after joining for a way to confirm my membership, and either not finding it or maybe even being still shown as not being a member.

The laminated thing is "das machen nicht", but is there a way to check online occassionally to benchcheck our memebership status?
Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Membership Info on Website ?

Bob

The ISSCA Website doesn't have a "Members" page. Food for thought though. We are working towards getting Renewals and New Members listed in the quarterly SScene E-Maq starting with the next issue. Look for your name under the Renewals.

Thanks for your support!

Gary Cardarelli
Maryland

·
Registered
405 Posts
Personally, I don’t need a piece of laminated paper or plastic to know that I’m part of a great organization and reap its benefits.

Ed Bowser
ISSCA Prez
To: The Bobs and The Ed and the Gary

For clarification (cuz I ain't too smart), If I join up through the ISSCA site, I would be notified by email sooner or later? Or would I look for my name in the Emag?

I don't need a card either, but some sort of notification would be cool.

Thanks,
Bobby

·
Registered
7 Posts
Membership Confirmations

Hey Bobby,

Both actaully. I failed to mention that we also just decided (a couple weeks ago) to have the ISSCA Treasurer issue an email confirmation to both New Members and Membership Renewals upon receipt of a PayPal notification or mailed in payment.

Thanks for helping us improve our communications on that point.

Gary C.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hey Bobby,

Both actaully. I failed to mention that we also just decided (a couple weeks ago) to have the ISSCA Treasurer issue an email confirmation to both New Members and Membership Renewals upon receipt of a PayPal notification or mailed in payment.

Thanks for helping us improve our communications on that point.

Gary C.
Cool, then you will be sending me an email soon, thanks.:)

Bobby.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi, I figured I would throw my two cents on here as well. I joined a couple years ago and never got a packet(I did get a number) and I rejoined again this last year but have not heard anything either. Its not that I need my name on a card, but I was hoping to get some clarification about membership.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hi, I figured I would throw my two cents on here as well. I joined a couple years ago and never got a packet(I did get a number) and I rejoined again this last year but have not heard anything either. Its not that I need my name on a card, but I was hoping to get some clarification about membership.
I got an email last week informing me they have rec'd my membership $.

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,205 Posts
Can you PM me your info so I can do some research?

Thanks, Bill

=====

BTW, Here is the renewal letter everyone should be receiving from ISSCA Prez Ed Bowser. If you didn't receive it, check your spam folder and/or make sure your email address is up to date:

Fellow ISSCA Member,

This is just a friendly reminder that we have yet to receive your Membership Renewal via PayPal (preferred) or by mail. As we dive into our second year of getting the “new” ISSCA off the ground the momentum is building. We were pleased to have had a much larger than expected membership roster in 2010 and we plan to grow the membership again in 2011. We will also be working with MISSL to put on a great National event this August coinciding with the legendary Woodward Dream Cruise in Michigan. Go to www.woodwarddreamcruise.com for more info and to see past history. It’s a ‘must see’ for the true car enthusiast and the Impala community will be making a strong showing this year coinciding with the 50th anniversary of the Impala and the 100th anniversary of Chevrolet. This event gets coverage from every major car magazine and is considered one of the car events you should try and do at least once in a lifetime. We hope to see you there!

With regards to Annual Dues we decided that since we don’t have an official Staff it would be much simpler to only go through the Dues “Renewal” process once a year every January 1st. For Annual Renewals and any new members joining between January 1 and June 30 the Membership Dues are still only $30. We have a program in place for new members only joining after June 30. Dues are prorated to only $15 for that partial year, and then the regular annual dues of $30 would be due January 1st the following year. Once a member is on-board the Dues Renewals will be simple, every January 1st your $30 membership fee is due. We apologize for the confusion, we know some of you were waiting for your ‘anniversary date’ to renew.

We are very pleased with progress in our first year and we hope to continue making more progress in 2011. In 2010 we got the new Club off the ground, established a new Website, started publishing a quarterly electronic version of the SScene Magazine (http://issca.org/newsletter) , secured Insurance coverage for events, and did a lot of planning for a National Event . We also sent out a survey to all members on what direction you’d like to see us head in for 2011. BTW, if you haven’t checked out the new electronic SScene you should. ISSCA BOD member Ken Rogers has done a great job editing and producing the SScene for us, it’s filled with good info and contact info for ISSCA and you can download it or print it out at your convenience. You can also contribute material to be considered for the magazine through Ken directly at [email protected].

Now that ISSCA is back in business we need a little capital to keep things going just like any other organization. Renewing your membership is easy, just go to our Website at http://issca.org/join-us/ and fill-in your basic info (so we maintain current membership data) and you’ll be directed to PayPal. If you don’t have PayPal please scroll down the webpage to “Join by Mail” and click on the “Mail in Application Form” to print it out and then mail it with your check to our Treasurer at the address noted.

We are just now wrapping-up the planning for the previously mentioned National Event planned for Detroit from August 17-21. The local host charter ISSCA club, MISSL of Michigan, has been doing the Woodward Dream Cruise for years and has volunteered to host the ISSCA Nats this year to coincide with the nationally known Woodward Avenue Cruise. This will be an event you sure don’t want to miss. Look for updates in the SScene and on the Website (issca.org) and on the Impala SS Forum (www.impalassforum.com).

We look forward to another year of good times with all our Impala and B-body brethren, especially you! The 2011 ISSCA National Event is not to be missed, it’s a car enthusiasts dream. MISSL will also host a special parking area right on the main drag of the Dream Cruise on Saturday so all B-Bodies will have a prime viewing and cruising spot.

So please send in your 2011 dues ASAP and start making plans for the Nationals in August. We will have registration for the Nats up by 4/1/11 on our website (issca.org).

SSee ya there!

Best Regards,

Ed

Ed Bowser - ISSCA President

You are receiving this e-mail because you provided your e-mail at time of registration in ISSCA.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Bill, I did receive that e-mail last week and I did send in the $$! Thanks for all your support! - Lance

·
Registered
412 Posts
Renewal

I went online over the weekend to renew my membership. After i filled out the form at the ISSCA website and hit enter the Paypal site came up and said it couldn't deal with the site i came from. Any suggestions as to how the renew properly online?
Ken

·
Registered
216 Posts
I went online over the weekend to renew my membership. After i filled out the form at the ISSCA website and hit enter the Paypal site came up and said it couldn't deal with the site i came from. Any suggestions as to how the renew properly online?
Ken
Ken, will take a look. First indication of anyone having a problem.:confused:

Pat
ISSCA Secretary.

FYI - Questions or issues get in front of ISSCA BOD/Officers quicker by sending an email using the contacts on the Contact page on the web site.
http://issca.org/contact-us/ :)

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,205 Posts
Ken
Ken, sorry about the issues. We had 3 registrations come in after your issue so hopefully it was just a temporary PayPal glitch.

Please try again and if/when it does go through let us know. Chino will be watching the back end to let us know if he sees it come through as well.

If that happens again, it may be related to your firewall setup but I am almost positive it was a glitch. If it does happen again maybe try from another computer because that's the first time this has happened.

Thanks everyone for your patience.

Lance, glad it all worked out!

Bill

1 - 20 of 21 Posts