Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Labor Day Mods

It' only been a year since I installed a 94-96 rear seat in the wagon. Today finally finished the rear compartment ,installing the three floor panels

and I also did the wiperarm mod.

I also did this one 96 and up Blazer

· Registered
880 Posts
So what did you do for Labor Day? :p

· Registered
193 Posts
rear seat

why put a rear 94-96 seat in the wagon? (it's a newbee question, i know)

· Registered
180 Posts
why put a rear 94-96 seat in the wagon? (it's a newbee question, i know)
I had a '91 Caprice wagon and now have a '96 RMW. The '91-3 wagon middle seat back is a harder surface than the '94-6 models and I think it is a little taller. As for why he did it, we will have to wait for his explanation. I have been thinking about swapping the other way to make it better to haul heavier objects in my '96.

· Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IMO the 92 RMW has the ugliest tan interior I've ever seen in a car, so I changed everything to the later model dark tan out of a Caprice plus the conversion cleans up the rear compartment by eliminating the big metal panel and hinges that make up the rest of the floor when the seat is down and also gives you more room as the lower seat bottom is wider.

· Registered
148 Posts
i chopped up my drivers seat. turned it into a bucket. i finished today and stuffed both seats with an extra inch of foam.

ill post it with the mattmobile update within this month.
im also getting the ss grill and center console soon. the car is really coming together nice, i cant wait to see it with the grill installed and painted.

· Registered
669 Posts
Changed out the heater core, wired the driving lights, and attempted the HUD installation. I found all the wiring diagrams I needed but never did find the B body installation info. If I remember correctly, the installation was done on a Caprice. There's not enough room under the dash cover of the RMW for the projection unit without cutting through the defroster ducts, cutting the firewall, or leaving a huge lump on the dash. Looks like my dream of a HUD in my RMW will not be realized, :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.