Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
121 - 140 of 180 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
I test fit these today. I say test fit because they would have been on if I didn't have to mod. I have a Glasstek fiberglass hood and the part the the grill attaches to sits a bit farther out than stock. I'm going to have to take a dremel to it and cut the little corner off. Not to big of a deal, I'm hoping to get a little off Saturday and give her another go.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Guys I want to apologize for the delay. We had an unexpected death in the family early in the week and with family coming in town and gathering and such I haven't had time to box and ship the covers. I had planned to get them out by Wednesday but, obviously, I missed that day. The funeral is saturday and everyone will be gone by sunday night so I hope to get back at it and get them out mid next week. Again, I apologize and hope this hasn't caused any inconvenience to you guys.:(

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Just giving an update to keep you guys aware of the status. Priming and painting are going on tonight and tomorrow and plans call for a Saturday morning or Monday afternoon shipment. If I can get to the post office early Sat they will go out but we have yet another funeral this Saturday as well. First my wife's Grandmother who just moved here from Santa Rosa now my Great Uncle. Thanks for bearing with me and I really hope people stop dying around here for a while. I will pm tracking info to each of you when they go. Thanks again guys, Mike

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
First round of covers went out today. The second will go tomorrow. I sent a pm with the tracking info so if you received it, obviously, yours went today. If not, I will pm the info tomorrow.

I just want to thank all of you for your kind wishes and your patience. I didn't plan for shipping to take this long but I also didn't plan on the issues we've had to deal with. Thanks again, Mike

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Second batch went today and pm's with tracking numbers went out as well. I do have one set that went to Rapid City, SD but I don't have a screen name in order to send a pm. If you are from SD send me a pm and I'll give you a tracking number.

Thanks again for your support and I do have covers left ready to go.:)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nice recovery Sir!!!!
Hope life settles down for you now.

Looking forward to receiving my covers.

Thanks
Wade

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I test fit these today. I say test fit because they would have been on if I didn't have to mod. I have a Glasstek fiberglass hood and the part the the grill attaches to sits a bit farther out than stock. I'm going to have to take a dremel to it and cut the little corner off. Not to big of a deal, I'm hoping to get a little off Saturday and give her another go.
Just an FYI for others. These do not fit under the glasstek hood. I dremeled off the corner where the grill mounts and they still do not allow the hood to latch. Damn the luck. They look awesome and wish I could get them to work.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
The corner just sticks too far past the end of the headlight. Maybe two 45 degree bends instead of just the one 90 would work? You can see the cover is missing some paint where it hit. Still managed to get them on by cutting more of the glass hood. The cuts are all behind the grill so shouldnt be too big of a deal. Custom cars and custom parts usually require some finesse to make them all work together. I have aftermarket headlights, hood, and grill so its not like you can plan for every scenario.
They look great now that I got everything in. Thanks again Mike.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
The corner just sticks too far past the end of the headlight. Maybe two 45 degree bends instead of just the one 90 would work? You can see the cover is missing some paint where it hit. Still managed to get them on by cutting more of the glass hood. The cuts are all behind the grill so shouldnt be too big of a deal. Custom cars and custom parts usually require some finesse to make them all work together. I have aftermarket headlights, hood, and grill so its not like you can plan for every scenario.
They look great now that I got everything in. Thanks again Mike.

I have a glass hood in the basement so I will ramp up efforts to get it painted and installed so I can address these issues. As you said, it's very hard to plan for every scenario but I will do my best. I want you guys to be happy.:)

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
Still $75+$15 for shipping?

121 - 140 of 180 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.