Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey are these aluminum metcos any good.I need some rears really bad.where can i purchase some for a decent price?for a 96 impala.thanks

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A search will turn up a list of the drawbacks to extended, basically the only benifit is cosmetic and the cost to do it right is high. If you just want better arms at a good price look for BMRs and get just the stock length lowers.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, but in exchange for that you'll be paying a LOT more, creating significant potential problems (driveshaft no longer being fully engaged, 5th brake line stretching, suspension geometry changes, needing to swap UPPER arms too, etc, etc...).

All so the wheels look a little better.

Many folks look it over and decide they don't care if it's 2x the cost for extended upper/lower arms comapred to stock lowers only, 3x the labor since the uppers are much harder to swap, and potentially costly for a new driveshaft, etc... and still do it...

But you should understand all those factors before doing it.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so I will get an aluminum driveshaft no big deal.the uppers are no big deal to swap out either.my car is not a road/track car its a sunny day car so yes all for the wheels to look better.have a good time at the track.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts