Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I tried searching and did not find the answer. I am in the process of getting ready to go electric water pump and I purchased the Meziere HD pump and I've already gutted an old pump I kept. The question is, which direction should the freeze plug face once installed? The directions only to say to install the freeze plug from inside the pump which would lead me to believe that the "cup" of the plug is what is meant to face the impeller? I would be worried about the pump cavitating water with it installed that direction but maybe I'm just over thinking it. Does anybody have a pic of how they installed theirs and has it given you any problems?

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
First off I tried searching and did not find the answer. I am in the process of getting ready to go electric water pump and I purchased the Meziere HD pump and I've already gutted an old pump I kept. The question is, which direction should the freeze plug face once installed? The directions only to say to install the freeze plug from inside the pump which would lead me to believe that the "cup" of the plug is what is meant to face the impeller? I would be worried about the pump cavitating water with it installed that direction but maybe I'm just over thinking it. Does anybody have a pic of how they installed theirs and has it given you any problems?
Just did this last month, here's everything you need to know:

Mezier HD install

1 - 2 of 2 Posts