Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there anything wrong with your current LT1?

I know there are two guys in the Fleetwood section who are running Golen engines, I am sure they will chime in soon.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My current LT1 runs pretty strong, but with 108,000 miles it should! I just don't have the time or space to rebuild my current engine or do any major performance mods. I would much rather buy the real deal already profesionaly built and almost ready to plug and play. I would like to have a new engine with my new tranny, that way everythings like new, but a little bit better.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you are looking for a performance increase that package is the wrong one to look at.

Flywheel HP numbers are MUCH higher than rear wheel.
I would be suprized if you got 290 to the tires with that motor.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh wow!!! Why would it loose that much power from the flywheel to the wheels? That's crazy, thanks for the info man!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is not just from flywheel to wheels. It is also due to intake restriction, headers that fit a chassis rather than being dyno fixtures, alternator, PS, water pump, exhaust system.

Do a search and the above referenced Fleetwood guy has I think a 440hp package that put like 325 to the wheels. I am not trying to knock Golen just trying to help you understand the realities involved. You want more power order a MUCH higher rated package.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow all of this info is shocking! There is a guy at my work and he pulled an engine out of a Fleetwood about 5 years ago. The engine has been at his house ever since, sitting in a plastic bag. I think the engine has about 30,000 miles on it, but im not sure why it was pulled. The guy at my work says it's nothing major, so maybe I will buy it from him and play around with it and get some ponies outa it! Still debating and need to do lots more research! Thanks for that site "Lelo".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts