Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had to say "Thanks!" to Mike for getting me a set of Yukon axles in 2 days for half the price of the dealership in 1\3 the time!! Easy to work with and was eager to please. I can hear the motor again!
Thanks again!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
They also shipped me my brake bolt next day UPS.
I called a little late and UPS had already made their daily pickup. I needed it asap and they even took the liberty of taking it to the Ups drop off to make sure it got out!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a very good experience with NLM also. Got my package (gears and posi) in three days as promised and they were very nice on the phone..

A+

Matt

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I placed an order for a Spin Tech system on 6-18-04 and I'm still waiting on it? I have emailed Mike and he said it had shipped and that I would recieve it last week, nothing. So, its now on its third week and no exhaust system? I haven't been told why its taking so long or have been given a tracking # and I'm disappointed on how long this is taking and to tell you the truth its beginning to piss me off. Sorry, but I paid in full and I shouldn't have to wait this long. I guess that's all I can do is wait :mad: .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm in a similar situation waiting for a thermostat and stealth bolt. I'm fairly certain after about 2 months of waiting that it's lost in the mail (I asked to just send it via US post). Not a problem.

But, I've been trying to repeat the order this time via UPS, and can't seem to get a response. I don't have a problem paying again, it wasn't that much money really. I just wish I could get some kind of response -- and if I get an answer now, how do I know I won't be waiting just as long before the package is sent?

I know that Mike has gotten a lot of positive feedback, so I'm sure if I do get an answer then he'll make good...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dan at Clearimage Automotive has the stealth bolts in stock.Also Gene Zebley( Boilermaker) has some.You can get a thermostat various places. Summit ,Jegs among others.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Roktman:
Dan at Clearimage Automotive has the stealth bolts in stock.Also Gene Zebley( Boilermaker) has some.You can get a thermostat various places. Summit ,Jegs among others.
Yep, tried contacting Dan, haven't heard back yet. Still hoping to hear from Mike though *shrug*. I'll try Boilermaker shortly. I can get the stat locally at one shop out here. Clearimage appealed to me since they have the S&B filter, which I can't seem to find anywhere locally.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Raxstone

Email is definitely the best way to reach me. I have not had a chance to check phone messages for a couple days. I'm still wasting time running back and forth between my home office and the shop until I can get service at the shop.

I have plenty of bolts in stock. You can PayPal $30.00 to [email protected]

Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, Raxstone, mine was a $600 item, so I'm most definitely not paying again for it. This has been by far some of the worst service I have gotten in a long time
. 3 weeks and counting.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SpinTech lost one of their best fabricator/builders and have fallen way behind. I suspect the delay is out of Mike's hands.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i have emailed mike about 5 times to see if i could get some info on the whereabouts of my brake bolt mod and it has been 22 days and i am starting to wonder if i will ever get it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mike owed me a refund for a mistake his company made. They forgot to include the ring bolts and gasket in my eaton kit. After several calls and promises, I have finally given up and will just give my future business to someone else.

Fortunately for me, it is only a matter of $25.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mag,

I sent you several E-mails regarding the situation on the exhaust, you kept e-mailing me like you were not getting them. I don't have a phone number to call you either, so there is not much I could do.

Raxstone,

I don't have any info for you to get you the price, I asked in my last e-mail if you have gotten them or not yet and never heard back, so I assumed you had gotten them. That was my fault for assuming, I screwed up there.

jamey,

I was out for a little while after the ISSCA nationals, I sent an e-mail reagrding this when I got your order. They all shipped out last week, so you should have it real soon.

crghld,

You told me that you were just going to get a few small parts and to just make it credit, so I thought that was what we were doing. I have the note on my desk still that I wrote. If you want your money back No problem, will do.

Bottom line here again, make a phone call to me, I am here or my dad is here at least 9 hours a day and I have a answering machine also.

I get over 400 e-mails a day and sometimes if you don't send a header message or it looks funny I will delete it, I have already lost 1 computer because of a virus via e-mail.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't rely on emails(for purchases) to anyone unless I don't have a choice....if they got a number, call 'em. I needed my axles fast, called, spoke to Mike and got 'em fast. Same thing with my 3.73's a few years back.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by WR250Z:
if they got a number, call 'em.
I did call quite a few times (and spoke to Mike himself) with my problem. Everybody drops the ball once in a while, but my problem was pretty easy to solve, and it wasn't taken care of. I had ordered from Mike before and had good service; however, the last time has left a bad taste in my mouth. It's unfortunate that this had to happen, because both Mike and his father have always been plesant on the phone, and I liked dealing with them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mike, I'm not blaming you. I know things get lost in the mail sometimes. I also expected that you got a lot of emails every day. With regard to your last email to me, I did reply within a couple hours saying that I didn't get delivery. If it were a bigger deal to me, I would have phoned instead. However, my comments earlier were more with regard to the follow-up of the emails you did send me. In the future, I'm sure I'll try to do business with you again. But for the items I wanted, I managed to find someone local (Norm), so in the long run I'll save (no brokers, lower shipping, no customs to worry about losing or delaying).

PS -- might I suggest an anti-virus scanner for your email? You can get them free now, and they update on their own (AVG is a good free one). Any online business really should be using one (or be run through a safe email server, which has a minimal cost of less then $50/month, some are even free).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't rely on emails(for purchases) to anyone unless I don't have a choice....if they got a number, call 'em. I needed my axles fast, called, spoke to Mike and got 'em fast. Same thing with my 3.73's a few years back.
Um...except for one email, that's how I communicated with Mike. Clearly, there was a misunderstanding even with the spoken word.

Mike, I appreciate the offer for a refund but no thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just had a great transaction with Mike. I called him last week, and he 2 day aired me the three parts I ordered.

When they showed up last night, I was pissed because there was one of the three parts I ordered missing. I left Mike a panic voicemail late last night as I didn't open the boxes right away.

Mike left me back a voicemail today saying that he already knew there was a problem, apparently UPS called him to notify him they screwed up. So what did Mike do? He had the missing piece overnighted to me, he said it should be here today. I got home from work and VOILA! the missing part was on my doorstep!

Thanks for following up Mike, I would recommend you to anyone. BTW, I don't know if it's better this way but I did all transactions with Mike over the phone.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.