Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 99,000 miles on my car. I want to do NOS. Do you guys think it will hold a 50 shot or 75 shot without exploding? Thanx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
how well was your car maintained?
was the engine ever rebuilt, nos is pretty risky i wouldn't do it, but i guess if you don't use it too often it will be ok untill you blow the engine, with nos it will be sooner thats all

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your engine is in good shape AND you install all the safety measures that should go along with any N2O system, you won't hurt the engine with a 50 or 75 shot. Search the N2O section of this forum and thoroughly educate yourself before diving into it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Listen to Bowtie - I have 87,000 miles and run a 150hp nitrous shot on mine. Started with 75hp and worked my way up. I have every safety device available, the system automatically turns on/off, etc. and I ensure I have no detonation. N20 (the actual term; NOS means the brand NOS, and I run Nitrous Express) can be a great lesser cost way to power, or can grenade your engine, whether or not you have 1 or 200,000 miles. If your engine is well maintained and you set it up right, you can easily run 75 or a 100 shot. Like any power adder, natural or forced, it puts more stress on the engine. I guarantee you'll want to bump up the hp once you start, cuz you won't feel a 50hp shot very much, you'll really feel a 100.

Go to the N20 section on the forum and run a search - George Debski, aka SSMOKEM, wrote up a great post called "nitrous for newbies". It's the beginners bible.
Do it right and you'll love it. Best of luck,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.