Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NO, thats not 14,000....i just hit 140,000!!
crappy pic, taken w/ my cell phone

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A small congrats, just as Fast- says. ;) Any self-respecting dailydriver will have that kind of mileage after a dozen years.

From someone who's shift indicator broke 3 years ago, I can tell you it really looks strange seeing that little red bar setting there.
:cool:

And don't EVEN get me going on that fuel gauge. I would have had to get the can out of the trunk about 80 miles ago with a reading that low in mine. :mad:

Hell, yours is in GREAT shape compared to mine! ;)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats on the mileage. Another 60K and you'll be officially broken in!

Originally posted by HotRodSaint:
These car's have fuel gauges? :confused:
Not really. They needed to fill up the cluster with something so they put this neat little randomly changing bar graph thingy there and a reminder to use only unleaded fuel. ;)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yah my gas guage is all fuc&ed up, i run out at 2 bars, once i ran out while having 3. And when i fill it, i got like 80 miles before losing 1 bar, and the rest go so quickly!

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats on the milestone.

I never let my car go below 1/4 of a tank.. just don't want to risk it.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
was mine the only one with a properly functioning gas gauge?

I got mine with 145k... I donno how that feels. Good?

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by MrCadillac (Magnum):
was mine the only one with a properly functioning gas gauge?

I got mine with 145k... I donno how that feels. Good?
I am 99% sure mine works perfect, but to save the fuel pump I never let it go below a 1/4 of a tank.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Raise hands everyone who's ever seen that little low fuel light and heard the ding-ding. I did for about a year after I got mine in 2000.

I fill at 1 bar over 1/2 = 16 or 17 gallons!

Somebody here bought the gauge a couple years ago (=$300-350?). Probably $800 by now. It's cheaper to whine. :rolleyes:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh my god, theyre supposed to make a ding-dong sound?? ONCE i was easy enough on the gas that i made it to one bar, but no noise!!!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can't raise my hand all the way cuz I've never heard the little ding ding either. It does work pretty well otherwise. Seen the flashing bar a few times.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
seen the flashing bar, and the ding dong noise a few times....never ran outa gas though, always seemed to time it right

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ressurection, but i hit 150k today guys! im packin the miles on this thing, i needta calm down and drive lessssss

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am up to 215,xxx. Purrs like a kitten and roars like a tiger! I love this car so much!

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think i hit 380k on mine but i haven't seen it in a while... And whats this about the ding ding... I folded and bought the new sender, but still no ding ding...

Oh congrats 96brougham on the 150k but you still not broken in... LOL

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had mine down to 2 bars and that was 420 some miles on that tank, almost all city with a lot of a/c.

I have never heard a sound but I usually fill by 1/4 tank.

Whats the most you guys have got on a tank, city and the hwy?

Mine stays on "full" for up to 110 miles before losing a bar lol.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hmmm, so mine isn't the only one that runsa out at 2-3 bars LOL.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts