Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Misfire problem on my impala 1996 SS I already changed the ignition distributor and still get misfire Any idea what I can be

·
Banned
3,437 Posts
Misfire problem on my impala 1996 SS I already changed the ignition distributor and still get misfire Any idea what I can be

did YOU or some tech replace distributor ? what distributor used [who made it ? ]

if you did the work how did the old dist look any arcing water / oil damage ? any seals replaced ? did you replace the coil and ICM ?

to help you must reveal what parts were changed and how the work was done and other component info when this work is done..

miss fires can be fuel pressure low...................need to measure it .

so who did all this work on engine ?

·
Registered
8,059 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the distributor from advance auto parts And the misfire that I have is only on the passenger side I change the Spark plug and they wore black Only the passenger side

·
Banned
3,437 Posts
I got the distributor from advance auto parts And the misfire that I have is only on the passenger side I change the Spark plug and they wore black Only the passenger side
so you did the work ???

what are the miss fire codes or other codes ??? when YOU replaced the distributor did YOU measure the plug wire resistance ???

if you have headers then the plug wires may be burned up on that side ....

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Or,bad O2...

·
Registered
8,059 Posts
Or, cracked manifold..
Or, crossed wires...
Or, even broke manifold bolts..

David, exactly how many plugs are black? Where is the original opti?

·
Banned
3,437 Posts
What is opti
so I guess you are new to this ride .. opti means optical distributor ..this is a distributor that uses a slotted disk and as the light flashes the sensor tells the computer where the cam is , exactly !!!

any contamination in the distributor will kill it and cause miss fires.. its in a bad location and never wash the engine ... unless you like calling the tow truck ..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts