Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally started some 'good' modding on the wagon. Up to now it's all been 'required' repairs like tranny rebuild, new tires, new fuel pump, etc. etc.

To start with I went down to Audio FX and had Scott Williams (HACK on this board) put my old Sony head unit, 10-disk CD changer, and new speakers all around so at least I have some decent tunes now.

I pulled the old carpet out and installed the new. We mounted the new Bonny seats on the original power rails. Man, these seats are 100% more comfortable than any other car seat I think I've ever sat in, except maybe my friends '66 Thunderbird's back seats.

Here's some pics...

They are kind of a chocolate brown or dark tan. I think they match the dash color nicely and make for different look. The carpet is a little darker than original too, but I like it.

I need to get the back seats to an upholsterer to put the Bonny back seat skins over the CC stock foam and brackets. I also need to thikn about what type of center console I want. I'm leaning toward the Blazer console. I'll post those pics when done.

Here's the old 'originals' I took out...

Any comments?

SSee ya,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
WOW that looks great! The tan is a close match also! And Those bonnies look perfect

Those stock seats... Looks like a bear was inside LOL.

Try the Rivi Console! I think I would do that if I had bonny seats. It seems to match up well with the RM/CC Dash.

Where is the carpet from?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bonneville seats are the bomb. Even the cloth ones from the '96-99 models if you're careful about which fabric you get (charcoal have really nice cloth - tan ones seem to have crappier cloth). That's the FIRST mod I did on my 9c1, could NOT stand caprice cloth seats.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks really good and the Bonnies look in great shape. When you get the rear seat domne it will lokk even better as the colors seat colors will match.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.