Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Scott Knight started a thread about modified valve covers to clear his shaft rockers. I was also going through the same thing. I mentioned I modified my fuel rails as well and was asked to post some pictures, here they are. As you can see it's a lot easier to work on when the sheet metal is out of the way.

Dennis

·
Premium Member
1996 Caprice 9c1, 2018 Ram Laramie CC 4x4 EcoDiesel , '03 Ram 3500 Laramie Sport QC 4x4 Cummins
635 Posts
Nice work!

·
Registered
694 Posts
OMG, now Im glad I asked. Thats gorgeous man. You know your intake is on backwards?? lol jk

Thanks for posting,
ZACH

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
You know your intake is on backwards?
The intake is not bolted down, nor is it even in position. I believe it is safe to state it was positioned this way for pics, which is another way of stating it was done for your benefit to allow viewing of how the rear plumbing was fabricated and installed.

·
Registered
694 Posts
The intake is not bolted down, nor is it even in position. I believe it is safe to state it was positioned this way for pics, which is another way of stating it was done for your benefit to allow viewing of how the rear plumbing was fabricated and installed.

I also pay attention to detail, hence the jk lol Gold star though.

ZACH

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OMG, now Im glad I asked. Thats gorgeous man. You know your intake is on backwards?? lol jk

Thanks for posting,
ZACH
That's the new intake on backwards mod, I've heard it worth 100 HP because you'll be picking up the air from the cowl area...... lol. Really I haven't bolted down the intake so I could get all my plumbing done without fighting with it also. I fabricated new steam/bleed lines off the back of the heads which would be almost impossible with the intake on, I just have to bend up some tubing now and I'll be ready to bolt it down.

Dennis

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
WOW! Talk about a perfect setup. Great job. So what are the details of the motor? coil packs, dual feed fuel rails, cog drive...must be nasty.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
*taking notes*

nice work!! I will be doing a similar fuel rail setup for my engine, hope it turns out as good as yours. cwm7

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
*taking notes*

nice work!! I will be doing a similar fuel rail setup for my engine, hope it turns out as good as yours. cwm7
same and same lol

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
very nice

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
WOW! Talk about a perfect setup. Great job. So what are the details of the motor? coil packs, dual feed fuel rails, cog drive...must be nasty.
The motor is a 383, forged crank (Oil shed coating), H Beam rods (Oil Shed coating), Forged JE Pistons, (ceramic coated on top moly coated on sides oil shedding on the bottom), Trick flow heads (ceramic coated chambers and exhaust ports, spring area and outside oil shedding) Comp blower cam, one installed is rather small 224 I 236 E @ 50 Lift ~ .560 with the T & D shaft rockers I have. I have another but I want to see where I am with the current installed cam. Blower is a pro-charger F1.

Program Engineering 4 bolt caps, block decked so I piston come in flat with the deck and I end up with a quench of .045 with the Cometic Head gaskets I'm using. Compression ratio is around 8.5. The heads were cut also to get the chamber sizes where I wanted them.

The ignition is the 24X EFI Connection hence the coil packs. I will be using a LS1 441 PCM.

I am using Dan's (Clear Image) headers and 3" SS exhaust.

I still need to get Methenol injection system, I'm going to try and see if I can run this without the intercooler.....plug wires (Livewire) and other odds and ends to finish this project up. Been working on it off and on for the past 4 years. What started as a simple motor rebuild turned into what you see and then some... Pulled the frame out rewelded powdercoated, control arms changed the rears... Turn one steering boxthe list goes on and on.

Here are some other photos of the battery location and the frame while I was working on it.

Dennis

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Very impressive setup and great work! I have the Snow Performance water/meth injection setup on my car, works great.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Very impressive setup and great work! I have the Snow Performance water/meth injection setup on my car, works great.
Thank you.

That is who I was probably going to use for water/meth injection. Are you using an intercooler?

Dennis

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Thank you.

That is who I was probably going to use for water/meth injection. Are you using an intercooler?

Dennis
Take a look at AIS, their products are good, customer service is perfect and pricing is very reasonable.

I got this kit with dual nozzle upgrade and it works perfectly: http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.com/p106/Stage-1-Standard-Fender/Firewall-Mount-Water-Methanol-Injection-Kit/product_info.html

After I ordered my kit thru his website, Rodney from AIS called me to confirm my order. He took the time to make sure I was getting the right jets for my application and made sure to explain how to set-up the system and gave installation/tuning tips. I think we talked for at least 20 minutes... first time I ordered something off the internet and had someone take the time to call and explain everything like that.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts