Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone kick the f-ing spammer that's posting in there?

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
Don't be no mods nowhere no more. Must have been it didn't pay enuf fer all the exponentially increased aggravation resulting from the "new and improved platform to enhance your sharing pleasure". The newest overlords want one of us to take the reins, but I haven't tripped over any mention of rates, - either per day, per bot or troll, or even per kids posting a WTS/WTB on their 1st and only effing post.....

I'm just getting the biggest farkin' chuckle over how many clicks each new one gets despite the same stupt pitch. Are there really that many daft souls lurking here now?

·
Premium Member
1,609 Posts
Gotta agree Dan. I guess gone are the days when a newb had to post an intro and be accepted before posting For Sale. Now we're forced to have this "Free for All". Just more progressive ?.

Mark: Snowman-33

·
Premium Member
1,609 Posts
Don't be no mods nowhere no more. Must have been it didn't pay enuf fer all the exponentially increased aggravation resulting from the "new and improved platform to enhance your sharing pleasure". The newest overlords want one of us to take the reins, but I haven't tripped over any mention of rates, - either per day, per bot or troll, or even per kids posting a WTS/WTB on their 1st and only effing post.....

I'm just getting the biggest farkin' chuckle over how many clicks each new one gets despite the same stupt pitch. Are there really that many daft souls lurking here now?
Only you Bob could say it so eloquently. Here's your prize-?

Mark: Snowman-33

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
Oh thank you thank you thank you. I've been ignoring as much punctuation as possible and misspelling as many words as I can stand for more 'points', but your trophy is probably what has finally put me over 200 'Reaction Score'!

Here's a few back just to help you: ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Reminds me of S&H Green Stamps. Lick a book full of 500 and get a nickel off your groceries.

·
Administrator
449 Posts
Hey there,

We can only respond as accurately to Spam as it is reported. The remaining volunteer site staff is there to help us bridge that gap, and I have reached out to them recently to see if they need assistance with the new tools since the move.

Thanks for your patience and reporting :)
-Gerrit

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
Gerrit,
Thanks for response, but tryna catch a couple things, and I don't think I'm the only one.

1. Who is this 'remaining volunteer site staff'? Someone already employed by the host and monitoring the forum on unpaid breaks? For reference, the long-standing mods who've been riding herd on this forum since its start are not anyone's staff. They are just fellow forum posters and not getting a nickel for their exemplory extra effort.

If those same fellas (mods) are the ones you've 'reached out to' then it's worth noting that of those listed it shows one has not been online in 8 months, another in over a month, and one last logged in 2 weeks ago.

2. Please advise of what are "the new tools since the new move", and how they might lessen the exasperation quotient for them (or any of us since there's been request for new mods) in swatting away the tidal wave after platform move of spam and bots and trolls and new members just treating this forum as Craigslist.

A couple added observations:
For those of us pitiful ol' boomers who grew up with comprehension of the importance and value of such things as correct spelling, the one little help-aid has become fubared for others who at least attempt it. The spellcheck squiggly red line does not consistently (nor reliably) appear when called for. And it disappears if ignored long enough. Or it appears outta nowhere long after available space on a phone screen can still show it.

Search. Search is not good. We keep getting new members tagging off threads from farking 2001 for chrisesake. There's been how many million posts here? And in every instance the growth of thought and added archive info on EVERY topic has been vastly increased and improved since 20 years ago. Just one improvement would be to toggle the default from 'relevance' (WTH does that mean anyway?). AI algorithms have nothing in the least to do with our cars anyway. The default should be on 'date'.

There's more, but I figure you and other Admin are likely applying applicable attention to our site in line with all the other hosted forums. But, receiving input and feedback and merely, 'forwarding to the appropriate team for their attention' just isn't resulting in productive outcome.

·
Administrator
449 Posts
1. Who is this 'remaining volunteer site staff'? Someone already employed by the host and monitoring the forum on unpaid breaks? For reference, the long-standing mods who've been riding herd on this forum since its start are not anyone's staff. They are just fellow forum posters and not getting a nickel for their exemplory extra effort.
I will continue to follow up with the mod team to see who would like to remain active or would rather step aside for new users to step in. Reporting posts using the report post function is still the most efficient way to report spammers or abuse.

2. Please advise of what are "the new tools since the new move", and how they might lessen the exasperation quotient for them (or any of us since there's been request for new mods) in swatting away the tidal wave after platform move of spam and bots and trolls and new members just treating this forum as Craigslist.
The control panel for the mods/admins is different than it was on the other site.

For those of us pitiful ol' boomers who grew up with comprehension of the importance and value of such things as correct spelling, the one little help-aid has become fubared for others who at least attempt it. The spellcheck squiggly red line does not consistently (nor reliably) appear when called for. And it disappears if ignored long enough. Or it appears outta nowhere long after available space on a phone screen can still show it.
Not sure why spellcheck is not being consistent for you. It is controlled by your browser, the site does not manage spelling or grammar.

Search is not good. We keep getting new members tagging off threads from farking 2001 for chrisesake. There's been how many million posts here? And in every instance the growth of thought and added archive info on EVERY topic has been vastly increased and improved since 20 years ago. Just one improvement would be to toggle the default from 'relevance' (WTH does that mean anyway?). AI algorithms have nothing in the least to do with our cars anyway. The default should be on 'date'.
We just made updates to search. Advanced search is much better now and right at the top of the page to easily find it. Some very new users arrive here from google searches and not the site search. A thread may be older but the content is often evergreen.

There's more, but I figure you and other Admin are likely applying applicable attention to our site in line with all the other hosted forums. But, receiving input and feedback and merely, 'forwarding to the appropriate team for their attention' just isn't resulting in productive outcome.
Your constructive collective feedback is still how we build out new updates. I appreciate the time you are taking to share info and will continue to collect and forward the info up the chain.

-Philip

1 - 8 of 8 Posts