Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got the 6381's yesterday, put them in today after work. The rears were old (15 yrs) 9C1 from a buddy in Jersey Eric Smith. They measured 16.75" tall w/a .625 thick coil. The 6381's measure 14.25" tall w/a .641 thick coil. The car dropped to 18"-18.25" at the skirt bottom from 19.5" w/da 9C1 spring. It took out the rake I wanted gone, it still has a slight rake but with the 22's Im putting on I didn't want the jack rabbit look. Now the 1 other change I made Saturday was to ditch the factory Fleetwood front bar & I put on my 80 deville front bar like I did on my 93 10 years ago. It now turns much flatter. The ends of the 94 bar turn up by the end links & the 80 bar turns down so now the end link has about 1.5 of end link showing opposed to just maybe 5 threads with da 94 bar. Last point it (the 6381)is a short spring so it rocks when the rear is fully extended on the lift. But it settles into place when dropped down, you'll hear it knuck into place. I'll post the car picture tomorrow it got dark here. Ok the car was dirty as hell I'm taking it to get washed now lol....

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
They measured 16.75" tall w/a .625 thick coil. The 6381's measure 14.25" tall w/a .641 thick coil. The car dropped to 18"-18.25" at the skirt bottom from 19.5" w/da 9C1 spring.
Boy, that sounds familiar. I think that's about the same drop when I swapped the 9C1's out for the SS springs in the back on mine. Have to dig up my notes. What was the rate on them again? Knowing the two heights and rates should let us figure out your 'load'. Then can figure out how high other springs would sit in a Fleetwood. (Depending on how much you got in the trunk)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the load is 198lbs for the 6381. I found a spring close to what i took out & it turned out be close to the 5219 I put in my 80 coupe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts