Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
Upon reading past post on coil springs, I was wondering if you still had the MOOG part # for the stock height 96 front and rear coil replacement springs...I am working on replacing a set (that are sagging worse that an 80 year old lady)that are just flat worn out...

Thanks for your time! Tom L.

EDITED POST (hows that?)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would recommend changing the title of this post to "Moog Spring PN?"

Trust me on this one ;)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Much better!

we have to keep Ed happy so he doesn't spend too much time over on the Subaru lists ;)

My point was (and Ed shares my opinion) that there may be more than one person that can answer a question. Don't stress, I have done it before, too....

Ok, here is what I turned up using the handy dandy search button:

have an OLD MOOG Spring catalog (1996)
It lists 5044 as a Regular duty with Air conditioning spring for the 94-95 Caprice.
Specs are:

ID: 4.080"
Wire dia.: 0.690"
Approx Free Height: 18.022"
Approx Load Height: 11.000"
Load: 2360
Rate: 336

IMO this would be a soft spring for the Caprice and I would not recommend it for a performance application.

I would recommend the 5030 or 584 (specs below:

Wire dia.: 0.720"
Approx Free Height: 16.981"
Approx Load Height: 10.000"
Load: 2479
Rate: 419

Wire dia.: 0.720"
Approx Free Height: 16.346"
Approx Load Height: 10.000"
Load: 2799
Rate: 441

Don't you just love this Forum?

HTH
Jason.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Bill and Jason,
I have made the mistake in the past with the 5044s and I prefer to do this only once. The last time we were looking for a lower stance and we put in Moogs recommeded # for the SS in to correct the problem but now that that vehicle has now setteled to a lower than SS stance(looks good on that car) I just want to maintain a stock SS height with the one im working on now..
Tom

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Jay....Would you mind looking up the specs for a 94 Fleetwood in the Moog catalogue I'd like to know what they are B4 I start making changes.
Thanks in advance

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't have the catalogue. I just searched on the forum.

I bet Bill does though... ;)

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All of my reference books are packed away in preparation for moving....sorry!

BUT....you can look online: :D

https://mfr.ccitriad.com/mfrcat/extsrv?command=vehicleExt&extusr=FMOGuest&extsupplier=FederalMogulFull

Lookup Results

Listed below are the results of your lookup. Notice any special information related to the part.

View: All Federal-Mogul Products

Vehicle: 1994 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD V8-350 5.7L

Lookup Type: Group - Front Springs

Part Description Part Number Years Qty Per

MOOG
Front Heavy Duty Coil Springs 5396 94-96 1

Remember, when buying aftermarket springs from Moog, ACDelco, or most any other source (but NOT GM!) they are priced and sold as a pair--the published price is for 2, not an individual spring.

By the way, if you have a Moog spring PN you are interested in, the same spring is available from ACDelco--you just have to know the conversion number. The nice thing is that you can order springs using regular GM part numbers, and if you have a problem finding Moog or getting a good price locally, wherever you are, this is just another way to get what you need with fewer hassles, since there are a number of sources for GM/ACDelco stuff at great prices--same is true for Moog, but everyone is pretty familiar with where to get GM parts without getting a second on the house....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts