Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking around again and I found this forum and it might be some help. In particular the last comment by Cuzz. Upper Control A-Arm Bolts for 70 Camaro | NastyZ28.com Notice the bolt he is looking for is the same as what we need, GM 10262655. Maybe....... Has anyone tried these?

Mark: Snowman-33

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK then Z, you're saying that this is the correct bolt for our cars?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
OK then Z, you're saying that this is the correct bolt for our cars?

I have not replaced this bolt. I have not ordered this part.

Someone on this forum had a thread and what it said made me save that picture.

he is looking for is the same as what we need, GM 10262655
It does look like the 70-73 Camaro bolt may fit our cars. If you can find the thread that I got the picture from you would know who posted the pic and what he said. Sorry I did not save the thread so I can not point you to it.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
?????????????????????????????????
Another FYI
I know this is a recurring item and I thought this might help someone. I just ordered bolts, nuts and shims from National Parts Depot. They cost $14 and $9 shipping. The part number is C-6168-1AK and are for a 1970 Camaro. This is the lowest price I have found. If that matters to you.:wink2:

See this thread Post 29 and later. 37 and 63:wink2:

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/17-suspension/343858-remove-frame-bolts-upper-control-arm-shaft.html

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know about that one. I got it bass ackwards and posted the wrong info. However according to the latest info I found in the post I started here it might be that C-6168-9AK is the correct item we need. I guess I'll pull the trigger and order them as the test dummy for this.:laugh:

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
If you do not read the other thread these are the good parts:

Pictures courtesy KDB50SS.

I got mine (C-6168-9AK) from NPR or National Parts Restoration. They were $20 plus $8 shipping and were at my house in three days.

I should be install the new uppers later today. But I measured them and they look to be exact match, thread pattern,,length, only difference is the head of the bolt is slightly different.
KDB50SS

Great find!!!

G-5138
CONTROL ARMS (UPR)
GR-8 KNURL BOLTS, LOCK NUTS, SHIMS
18 pieces (4 bolts, 4 nuts, 10 shims)
$20

http://www.amkproducts.com/Catalog_PDF/308-402.pdf
Pg 371 (1970 steering & suspension)
Bill Harper Navy Lifer ISSCA #127

Well, that part number(C-6168-1AK) shows to be 72 and older "A" body plus 69 and older "F" body.

That will be a problem as those cars ( I own a couple or few early "A" bodies) use smaller hardware than the later cars
Near as I can see is you might want

C-6168-9AK
95wagon

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
I know about that one. I got it bass ackwards and posted the wrong info. However according to the latest info I found in the post I started here it might be that C-6168-9AK is the correct item we need. I guess I'll pull the trigger and order them as the test dummy for this.:laugh:

Dunno if I'll ever get another B-Body in this lifetime, but the dream is to get another one, and it being a southern rust-free car like my first one was; and Arizona 9C1. The dream is to have a six speed in the car, and who knows up front powering the whole thing, but the 6 speed is mandatory.

That being what it is, keep the thread alive whenever you do get the parts and post a follow-up.

I've still got my old bolts that I replaced when I did the entire front end over in my car last year with bolts I had ordered years ago (somewhere around 2009) when they were still available.

If for whatever reason you need dimensions from the OEM hardware just let me know, as I've got them somewhere in nuts/bolts/hardware stash.

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
C-6168-9ak

Ok, in an attempt to make amends for my previous screw up on the bolts. I ordered some C-6168-9AK. I'll be the test dummy and once they come in I'll post a for sure results and maybe some pics. Looking at the sites pics I can't see if the bolts are knurled. What I had done originally was order the bolts, C-6168-1ak, (IIRC) for the early Camaro. The C-6168-9AK are for 70 & later. Again, my apologies. Cashmoneyspeed thanks Bud.

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally here.

Yesterday I got the bolt kit in, C-6168-9AK from National Parts Depot, after a four day delay in OKC. I checked them against the installed bolts on my car and they are so close I can't see why they would not work out for us. They are 1/2-13 and only a very little bit shorter. In looking at the pictures online I couldn't see any knurling on the bolt, it is on these, and they didn't mention them as was noted in other descriptions in their catalog. That was the biggie I had on these. Any who, IMHO I think we have a wiener here.

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
Yesterday I got the bolt kit in, C-6168-9AK from National Parts Depot, after a four day delay in OKC. I checked them against the installed bolts on my car and they are so close I can't see why they would not work out for us. They are 1/2-13 and only a very little bit shorter. In looking at the pictures online I couldn't see any knurling on the bolt, it is on these, and they didn't mention them as was noted in other descriptions in their catalog. That was the biggie I had on these. Any who, IMHO I think we have a wiener here.

Mark,
Just for the heck of it would it be possible for you to get a photo published here?

Good work!

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your wish

Jr. Here you go Bud,
SUNP0032 (1).jpg

SUNP0034.jpg

SUNP0031.jpg
Sorry about the quality POS camera. cwm8

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
They are 1/2-13 and only a very little bit shorter.

This is one of those instances where being Shorter is a good thing.

As I found when replacing these, the bolts are longer than they need to be anyway. This just makes it more difficult to slide the upper arms off without having to remove or bend other items out of your way. If the bolts were maybe .5" - to a full inch shorter this could be a good thing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts