Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, looking at my setup, is there anything I could change(cost effective) that will boost HP?

Would changing the intake to a ported/polished one make any noticable difference? This for example; http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Full...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a1452a31

I have a 52mm TB now and if heard that it will support way more power then I am making now. Should I get a 58mm to match the intake?

I also have the stock MAF ( i do have the f-body MAF in the garage). Would changing all three of these make a big difference?

Anything else I am missing? Maybe exhaust?

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
I have a somewhat similar setup. What is your duty cycle on your injectors? At WOT im at about 89 and i know thats hurting me.

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
Ok, looking at my setup, is there anything I could change(cost effective) that will boost HP........
58mm TB, 42LB Injectors (36LB if you can find them) and a tune!

Sell the 52mm TB and 30LB Injectors to offset the cost of upgrades.

KW

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
A 58 mm TB (requires porting tb bores in the intake) and a dynotune are probably the most efficient modifications at this point. An electric waterpump is good for about 7 rwhp but you will need to have a spare one for a daily driver.

And yes, put the F-Body MAF during the next tune. The stock one maxes out at 330+ rwhp.

Bigger injectors are not necessary.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A 58 mm TB (requires porting tb bores in the intake) and a dynotune are probably the most efficient modifications at this point. An electric waterpump is good for about 7 rwhp but you will need to have a spare one for a daily driver.

And yes, put the F-Body MAF during the next tune. The stock one maxes out at 330+ rwhp.

Bigger injectors are not necessary.
Ok, well it seems that buying the intake I listed is about the same price as boring the intake. So I should buy that intake and match it with a 58mm TPiS (http://www.tpis.com/parts/view/49)?

The car is making over 330rwhp so I will find a way to hook up the f-body maf bacause the k&n filter I have does not fit, I will have to find a different filter size.

What kind of power can I see off changing these 3 items?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, ive done some research and I am leaning towards the professional products 58mm TB, I have not heard anything bad about them and they are going for $200 and change off ebay.

Question, is it worth buying a already ported intake off ebay??, or send it off the AI (which would down the car for some time)??, or just have a local shop port the intake to 58mm's??

The intakes seem to go pretty cheap off ebay, thats why im asking..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts