Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read all of the posts on shocks and had a few questions. I had a set of sprint springs and kyb gas shocks on a 92 buick roadmaster estate wagon and it had a lot of miles on it and a set of sprint spings. It was very low and rode great! took bumps nice for a slammed wagon .I took the spings out when I sold it and put them in my 94 9c1 with the stock (180K) shocks and it rides horrible. Its all over the road. So I parked that car due to some tranny issues and pulled out my other 94 9c1 and cut the spings front and rear just a little over one coil each. I cut a little to much off the front. (if you cut your police spings in the front only cut off one coil) But hey it looks good and handles great. My wife can even ride in this one! It rides so much better than with the cut police spings than my other car even with worn out shocks. When I cut the rear coils I flipped the spings. I have no issues with them falling out or anything. Now I think I want to get some shocks for the front of the car with the cut coils. I really cant belive all the kyb bashing on the site. I have had gas a just and gr2s on a lot of vws and they have always been great. I am also a dealer for kyb and have only had to return 2 shocks ever. I have read a lot the the caprice is to heavy for the kybs. I had gas adjust in my 89 lowered suburban for 7 years in the front and put over 100K on them and they are still good! I only removed them when I got a air ride set. But I did have a lot of issues with the suburban bending rims. I wonder if the kybs were to stiff? I know the Bilstein are the best shocks made. I have used them and seen sets that looked so old and still worked perfect. I had used a set over 200K on a bmw and my friend owns them and they now have 400K and still work perfect. Ok so now I am just rambleing! On the front of my car with cut springs I am going to try the kyb gas a justs on the front to see what happens , ( I get a deal so I want to try it) Do I buy the KG5458 (police or taxi ) or the regular ones KG4515 (non police) I belive the non police are shorter and may be better for a lowered car? But if the police ones are more heavy duty maybe I should buy them? The non police a little bit cheaper. Any ideas?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The HD are likely to be too stiff with the front lowered as much as you have and you sure don't need the extra travel of the longer shocks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.