Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to buy one of these from a forum member who had it on his SS (apparently it is an F body pan). I know Moroso pans are pretty good quality, we use them at the shop and our engine builder says he rarely has them leak. My only issue is that I am running 1 3/4 quad 1's where as the forum member who had the pan on his car was running shorties. I really don't think this will be an issue but I have nothing to mock the headers up on and measure (block at the machine shop). Anyone run this pan with long tube headers? How is the clearance and with what kind of header? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
did you buy the pan?
did it work out?

I'm thinking about one for my driver!????

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, sorry Tad. Froze on the project over the winter, toyed with the idea of going LS but I have decided to stick with LT- and im getting moving on putting it all together this spring once the weather gets better. In the market for a pan again for the LT1 I guess....so if anyone has any good info on what works please chime in. Looking for something with good baffling for both lateral G's and drag racing.

·
Registered
838 Posts

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Very cool thanks for the repy Big!

I ordered one today!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Your vary welcome and yes that is the correct part# ....i went and looked at my receipt..

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks BigCowlImp!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts