Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know for sure how Moss' concept big block cars got to 510cid? Is that like a .035 over 502? Almost any "normal" combo I try ends up round to 509 or 511 or something. Is the Concept Impala SS REALLY a 510???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's actually 509 ci. They just rounded it up to make it look good. 4.5 inch bore and 4.0 inch stroke.

I asked him the question at Arlington II in 96. The 409 Montecarlo (that I got to ride in with Jon driving) is 407 ci. 3.875 stroke and 4.090 bore.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by carlbme:
A concept SS? Haven't heard about it before...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Carl,

It was the car the spurred the development of the 94-96 SS ......the 'original' late model Impala SS.

KW

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I checked out the specs of this 510 from Kam's links and wondered how much it would actually cost to make the prototype. Not going the length of new frame members, but just stuff like the shocks/springs, engine and such.

Or do you think it'd be less expensive to make a light cycle like the ones in Tron? :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DUMB ? What do you guys think the 510 that Jon done is worth if it was put on the market. That is a bad Mother shut yo mouth RIDE.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by threeimpalas:
It'd be cheaper than some of the cars on here. I'd guess 20-25k depending upon what you start with.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn. If only i had some money to get an Impala, more money and time for the 510 package, and yet even more money for the gas. Oh well

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.