Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for the most comfortable ride :D with decent handling equivalent or better than stock. What do you guys recommend?
Thanks in Advance,
Ali

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
body bushings and the newer Bilsteins sound like mods you'd enjoy performing to your car, helps the handling and makes the ride a little more supple I've heard. I have the rock hard older Bilsteins :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1995 9C1 springs and Bilstein 1516/1517 shocks. The engineers and highway patrol knew what they were doing. The taller springs give more suspension travel over uneven surfaces.

Wife.com thinks the Roadmaster so equipped is a nice riding car.

HTH

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply guys. I heard the HAL on its soft settings is very comfortable, more so than any other shock. Is that true?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got a realy good ride when I droped my 9c1 on eibach springs the lowered suspension, with the police upgrades gives me a very stiff and smooth ride on the freeway , last night i was chasing my freind doing 135 with no problem....

it is a very stable ride...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 96SuperSport:
Thanks for the reply guys. I heard the HAL on its soft settings is very comfortable, more so than any other shock. Is that true?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
You DON'T want the HAL's on their softest setting other than at the strip. I have HAL's on the front and they make the car float like a cork in a bathtub when set on "0". Anything between 8 and 12 damps very well (better than stock).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So either blisten or hal? hmmm, interesting. If hal is as comfortable as blisten with body bushings then it definitely seems like the way to go. :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Henry Azarian ... your car looks VERY nice dropped :D . Does it become a problem when you have to go over speed bumps or a high slope?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You guys are forgetting the Koni adjustable shocks which also rock! At $85 per shock they were worth every penny on my slammed wagon and again when I changed them to my Impala SS.
Just my 2 cents

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.