Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK this has been an on going issue with my car not starting. I've changed the opti,coil,ICM,fuel filter. Ive checked the fuel pressure and its 43 KOEO when I try to start the car the pressue goes down to 40-38 psi motor off it stays @ 40. Now when I unplug the fuel injector fuses in the motor bay (6&9) it will crank then start for a very short time, as soon as I plug the fuses back in nothing, Unplug the fuses cranks for about 10 sec. then it will start again for a short time. Any Ideas why my motor keeps flooding out? Would a faulty coolent sensor cause this issue?

The funny thing is that after I put the car back together from changing the opti it started right up ran to town and back about a 30 min ride turn the car off went inside came back an hour later and nothing just cranks over.???? Very frustrtaing

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
928 Posts
You're right a bad ect will cause a hard/ no start. check it for corrosion and in the connector. Its located in the waterpump. Are you getting a ses light?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No black smoke when it does start but as soon as I unplug the injector fuses 6 & 9 under the hood she starts untill all of the gas is burn out of the cylinders as soon as I plug the fuses back in I get nothing. I guess Ill get a noid light and look at every injector to see if one is stuck. If one was stuck wouldnt it still start but run bad due to the loaded cylinder?

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
121 Posts
well the noid light just tells ya if the computer is turning on the injector.. But if one is stuck what i usually do is pull off the fuel rail with all the injectors on and turn the key on but obviously not start it.. if you think it may be the injector id try that... so if it is really stuck open then it'll just spray.. but if your injectors are not working at all you may need a stethiscope to listen to them.. or mabye ohm out the injectors as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.