Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Mountain Madness photos - what happened to DRP???

836 Views 34 Replies 0 Participants Last post by  LeadSSled
G
Does anyone know what happened to the Digital Race Photography website?
http://www.digitalracephotography.com/

When I ordered my photos at Pocono, they said that all of the photos would be on their website in about 3 weeks. The week after the event I checked and they hand a bunch of events listed on the site where you could choose photos. Last week, I checked it to see if our photos were up yet. Well, as of last week, there is this weird login screen. I tried to register and never received any confirming e-mails. I've tried the "lost password" and "request a new password", but can't get in. I don't know what is going on with that site, but you can not get to the photos anymore.
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
G
DRP got some nice pics of my fleet. Again, these pics don't do any justice to the 3 meg files they sent me.

KK at the Dragstrip from DRP

502 on the road course

KK on road course

KK Auto X

502 at Drag Strip - Note Noel smoking the bejeezus out of Rob Hamilton's borrowed slicks
See less See more
G
Thanks BK,

Spin art does look good on those tires...not sure what Bill was doing back there?

As for you Terry, the picture with the caption
That's me in front.
should be " Here's me holding up the pack while Mark and Trey extend their lead: ...slow poke ;) Look forward to eating some ponys and snakes with you at 411.

Trying to track down 1/4 glass...shop called and said they can't find one. Found one FS on forum. Hope to land it.
G

Are the tires supposed to look like they are coming off the rim in the picture above? I have never seen a picture quite like that before. It almost looks the sidewall is going to fold under.

Also, did anybody notice the white car(mine :D ) that is trying to keep up with Terry? It kind of sticks out like a sore thumb in amongst all of those dark cars.
See less See more
G
Well I just got my BONUS pics as well and posted them on my site. Took a very long time to upload but there all there.

http://www.chriss95ss.com/gallery/album143

Have fun can't wait until next year

Chris
G
Are the tires supposed to look like they are coming off the rim in the picture above?
Not surprised, and yes it's normal. You'd be surprised just what a tire will do when pushed to the limits like that :D
G
Originally posted by faSSt94Impala:
As for you Terry, it should be " Here's me holding up the pack while Mark and Trey extend their lead: ...slow poke ;)
:D Well, the whole point of the "instructor" excercise was to try to show those following the leader where the racing line was, or at least where I thought it was. It wouldn't do much good to try to run away from them (but I thought about it).

And if I remember correctly, both you and Trey had your cars pushed from the track. There is something to be said about finese rather than brute force.

See you at 411 Speedway. Get that thing running so that I can finese a higher finishing position than you. :eek:

dld9C1 - Yes, that white one does tend to stand out from the crowd. And that is what a tire is supposed to look like in a high-G turn. If the sidewall is not flexing, either the tire is sliding instead of sticking, or you are not going fast enough. ;)
See less See more
G
SWEET...I made the bonus reel (DGGM 9C1 in the weeds) :D :D :D
G
And if I remember correctly, both you and Trey had your cars pushed from the track. There is something to be said about finese rather than brute force.
Wrong again...I drove my car off the track...(literaly) then back on and back to the pits. A short push the the parking lot and a pull to the garage area is more accurate wise guy.

And by the way...Male ballet dancers have finese...I'm going to enjoy beating you again at 411. Better get ready to eat some crow.
G
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> And if I remember correctly, both you and Trey had your cars pushed from the track. There is something to be said about finese rather than brute force.
Wrong again...I drove my car off the track...(literaly) then back on and back to the pits. A short push the the parking lot and a pull to the garage area is more accurate wise guy.

And by the way...Male ballet dancers have finese...I'm going to enjoy beating you again at 411. Better get ready to eat some crow.
</font>[/QUOTE]I even saw you drive it into Pocono Mannor too...nothing wrong with flying off the pavement now and then ;)
G
Well, I think you are mistaken. Your drove your car from the grass to the exit at the pit lane and shut it off. Me and several others pushed your car OFF THE TRACK and to the area where all those photos were taken.

And by the way...Male ballet dancers have finese...
So does Michael Schumacher.

I'm going to enjoy beating you again at 411. Better get ready to eat some crow.
And you get ready to eat some dust. :D
See you at the track
G
Well, I think you are mistaken. Your drove your car from the grass to the exit at the pit lane and shut it off. Me and several others pushed your car OFF THE TRACK and to the area where all those photos were taken.
If I was at the exit of pit lane, wasn't I technically off the track? Car was running and I could of made it to the pits. Bobo had me shut it down because of the fluid leak.

Hope you're not comparing yourself to Schumocker. Was it the finess that caused you to take out all the cones in one corner at 411 when I rode with you? Talk about brute force ;) Don't think Mike would of done that. So I think you realize that
if you don't push it, you'll never get any faster.

Just having fun...Talk is cheap my friend. See you on the track.
G
If I was at the exit of pit lane, wasn't I technically off the track? Car was running and I could of made it to the pits. Bobo had me shut it down because of the fluid leak.
The winner of this debate depends on the definition of "on the track". We'll have to declare this one a tie. ;)

Hope you're not comparing yourself to Schumocker.
Well if we are going to make comparisons (you started that), I choose to be compared with Michael Schumacher rather than a male ballet dancer. :D

Was it the finess that caused you to take out all the cones in one corner at 411 when I rode with you? Talk about brute force ;)
No, that was due to the extra weight of your fat a$$ on that side of my car.
Actually, since you were along for the ride, I was in the WWMD mode. I asked myself "what would Mark do" in this situation, and before I knew it all of those cones were a-flyin'.

Just having fun...Talk is cheap my friend. See you on the track.
Understood - talk is cheap. Body parts, radiators, and paint are expensive. All in good fun. See you at the track - you better have your "game face" on.

Now if we could just get some of those hard-core racers out of GRAIL to come to one of these events, we can really kick the crap outta the Mustangs. Wouldn't it be sweet to see none of them inthe top 5?
See less See more
G
Originally posted by LeadSSled:
Now if we could just get some of those hard-core racers out of GRAIL to come to one of these events, we can really kick the crap outta the Mustangs. Wouldn't it be sweet to see none of them in the top 5?
I wouldn't call myself a hard-core racer or even fast yet but I am up for it. I really need to get some 710's or atleast victoracers to be atleast somewhat competitive. I can't make it to the next one if it is on the 4th because im running in a 24 hr auto cross here in N.C. that weekend. But if there are anymore races this season let me know and ill try to make it out there for atleast one.
G
Originally posted by caSSino:
But if there are anymore races this season let me know and ill try to make it out there for atleast one.
There will likely be at least one more event this year - probably in October. I'll pst up info in the racing section if/when the details are announced.
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.