Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone I have a Question: How are the speakers mounted on the dash above the glove box in a 1963 impala s s? The other owner had a wire looped around the speaker grill. As far as I can see there are no studs to bolt up to the speaker grill. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I'll say thanks in advance and have a great life!!!

·
Registered
711 Posts
there should be two studs visible thru the glovebox. Then there is a bracket that attaches to those but I think that the original speaker from 63 had a square magnet instead of round. I have also seen people make a bracket out of mdf to hold the speaker. lmk if you have any problems.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks SSLover85 I did find 1 bracket in the rear above heater But as for another up front under the speaker grill can't find that one. Thanks for your help I appreciate it I'll post how it turns out as soon as I get the speaker. Thanks again and have agreat life!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.