Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to move my MAF to the front of the motor so I can do a cold are set up (home made, yea yea, don't laugh). Is there a kit I can buy to extend the wiring for that goes to the MAF, or can I just buy some wire that looks the same as what is on it now and cut and paste on my own so to speak to get it to reach to a diff place?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
i want to move my MAF to the front of the motor so I can do a cold are set up (home made, yea yea, don't laugh). Is there a kit I can buy to extend the wiring for that goes to the MAF, or can I just buy some wire that looks the same as what is on it now and cut and paste on my own so to speak to get it to reach to a diff place?
MAF extension harness can be bought from Innovative Wiring:
http://www.innovativewiring.com/ChevyProductPage2/ChevyCarsPage2/ChevyImpalaPage.htm#

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
You can cut and solder in 'extension wires' (just be sure that you don't get the wires crossed),

Or you can go to your favorite 'auto salvage yard' and look for an early Lumina - they have a l-o-n-g 3-wire connector in the engine bay (passenger's side) that you can make a 'clip-in' extension that allows you to keep your OEM MAF wires intact (similar to what is for sale for $25). You do have to take a small X-Acto knife or similar and cut out an internal 'tab' in one of the Lumina connectors, but it's about 3 minutes work.

Note: the first time I did this (the 'pick-n-pull MAF extension) about 5 years ago, I had to ***-connect the MAF for the car to start and then re-connectted the MAF. I only had to do this once - not sure why - and the car has started find since.

·
Registered
442 Posts
great info!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts