Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with this ignition? I've burned up, repaired and sold a Mallory 685 this past summer and am seriously considering the Digital 6 Plus.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well....I have the MSD-6AL box. Never heard of the MSD-6+.

My '6AL' was good for at least 6 rrhp & rrtq through out the power curve and 10 peak rrhp in a before/after dyno. This was with a 396ci....

The 6AL dyno was first, we then disconnected it and ran a 'without' dyno about ten minutes later.

KW

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, I have it... Love it... It hooks up exactly the same as the Mallory 685. I had some problems with the reliability of the 685 and decided to go with the MSD Digital 6.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
put this ignition in right before SSHS4 in conjunction with my nitrous install. i don't think it can get much simpler than this plus you've got your retard included. as far as reliability..no problems as of yet.
rock on, rus

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Buy MSD's plug-and-play harness, use that to connect the MSD to the coil, attach the red wire to power, black to ground, DONE!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i bought the harness as well. just remember to make sure you get the one for the correct year model.
rock on, rus

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.