Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still have time 2 cancel my order...but are these subs better than the l7's???i heard they are very hard to blow...and they have better quality sound than the Kickers...chime in guys...
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh yea, but iam biased got 4 of theme in the back of my civi caprice.......LOUD.....pushed with a hifonics mono old school thou.yea they hold up good put them on a couple of amps it held its own.those and the 8500 are the only mtx i will ever buy good speakers trust me you WONT be disapointed.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I canceled my kicker L7 setup...I ordered me 2 of these:)...I can't wait till they get here...I paid $375 a piece shipped...75 Pounds..lolz...Question on our type of car..a sealed box would be the best over a ported one right???
 
U

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What size did you order? No particular alignment is better for any model car, it all comes down to room available, style of the install, and desired sound.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by UndercoverPunk:
What size did you order? No particular alignment is better for any model car, it all comes down to room available, style of the install, and desired sound.
I ordered 2 12inch...each is 75 pounds...i was gonna go with 15's but then i need to be able 2 swap these out once in a while...Some guy at this one audio shop told me...u will hear nuthing but bass with 2...lolz...i want tighter bass so im going with sealed...
 
F

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when powered to their max the 9500 tend to break cones so i have heard


seen a couple


but i still like them

i like L7 better
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by FOURDRVET:
when powered to their max the 9500 tend to break cones so i have heard


seen a couple


but i still like them

i like L7 better
I heard of that happening...but they need to break those speakers in cause u need to loosen the material...i love the L7's but they keep saying it does not do a good job with really really low notes it starts botteming out...i installed l7's in a cherrokee wit a good matching amp rockford t10001bd amp and wired it down to 1 ohm and it did not do too good with low notes...
 
E

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I got 4 Pioneer TS-W3002SPL 12 inch subs and I kill all low notes. They are pretty impressive and not that expensive I got 4 of them last year for 500 and to sealed boxes.
 
U

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kills ALL low notes? Sealed? KILLS them? Cool.

Anyway, If you weren't looking for lots of bass then why on earth would you get MTX9500's? "Tight" bass would have been better acheived with a PLETHORA of other drivers.... oh well good luck.

Also, Loosening materials, and braking in for the purpose of preventing future failure, would you like some cobra oil while you're at it?
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by UndercoverPunk:
Kills ALL low notes? Sealed? KILLS them? Cool.

Anyway, If you weren't looking for lots of bass then why on earth would you get MTX9500's? "Tight" bass would have been better acheived with a PLETHORA of other drivers.... oh well good luck.

Also, Loosening materials, and braking in for the purpose of preventing future failure, would you like some cobra oil while you're at it?
I like tight bass...but at the same time...really loud...lolz...im weird...but ill take pics and video tape my system running...
 
E

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can only imagine how my system will sound after I port the back deck cause Im beating now.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Da King Of El Vista:
I can only imagine how my system will sound after I port the back deck cause Im beating now.
It soundz better right???I have opened up the u know the back seat arm rest??i made a big hole there...now is much louder..lols...
 
L

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm also running 2 mtx 9500's with 2 kole 3000 amps. I was thinking about cutting the rear seat arm rest hole. So its much louder you think?
 
F

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Blackberry SS:
I'm also running 2 mtx 9500's with 2 kole 3000 amps. I was thinking about cutting the rear seat arm rest hole. So its much louder you think?
remove your 6x9

then you got 2 holes to release pressure into cabin
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^^^or, get two more so you dont have two make no holes, and you keep your highs.the reason i got these is cause how they sound on the low notes makes ppl want to jump out my car :D and i got no port in my car...more subs=better sound.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by Blackberry SS:
I'm also running 2 mtx 9500's with 2 kole 3000 amps. I was thinking about cutting the rear seat arm rest hole. So its much louder you think?
with the piece of s*it i got now..it hitz harder when i opened up the arm rest...and made a hole so there is a port for the pressure to go into the passanger cabin...itz better...
 
I

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i got a buddy that has two 9500 12incher's . i can hear him waayyy before i see him . it's too much for me . when i sit in his car i can't breath .
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by UNTOUCHABLE:
i got a buddy that has two 9500 12incher's . i can hear him waayyy before i see him . it's too much for me . when i sit in his car i can't breath .
Thatz the best part!lolz...
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
those 9500's are alot better than the l7's trust me ive had both
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Top