Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a replacement part number for the OEM muffler hangers bushings ? Really don't like most of the aftermarket style ones, the factory ones were very beefy and I need every bit of that for my heavy 3" stainless exhaust.

I know GM still makes a lot of bushings that look very similar and I've been emailing vendors for their dimensions but I was hoping maybe someone had already found one that's a good fit.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that info! just looked it up and they do look very similar and the reproduction ones seem to maintain the beefy thickness that the originals had. It seems like all the universal ones out there are much thinner. I just messaged an bay vendor for dimensions so hopefully it is close (or close enough). if he doesn't get back to me, I have a few crown vics left at my job I could get under and check lol

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I remember one of the hangers on mom's 95 taurus was a stout piece from walker. It just doesn't have two holes for the pins. But as long as you exhaust doesn't move forward and backwards, it should be fine. It's over an inch thick.

·
Registered
80 Posts
As mentioned in the Crown Vic thread, Bosal 255-047 looks like the answer (haven't tried these myself). However, I have used the thinner ones (ie: from RockAuto for our cars) and just sandwiched two together. If two don't fit, filet them both evenly with a razor blade until they do.

Another option is to make your own out of old tire sidewall. Cut yourself a few squares and drill holes in them. For extra strength you can even use some #10 or #12 nuts/bolts or rivets and sandwich a few squares together to get the thickness and strength you want. OP seems pretty resourceful but for others who don't have an old tire laying around... Look on the side of the road or in the woods (LOL). Or ask a tire shop for one and tell them what you want to do (make sure they know you want it to cut up, many shops are not permitted to give/sell you an old tire if they suspect you want to mount it). Truck tires have thicker side walls.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts