Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put aftermarket mufflers on my stock 94 9c1. I want it to be pretty loud but I dont want it to sound crappy. I would like to have a decent sound. I was thinking doing mufflers and resonator delete. Does anyone with experience know how this sounds?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Muffler and resonator delete sounds pretty bad IMO.

Muffler delete aint bad (but it will get to you after a while if its a daily).

Just get some nice mufflers of your choice and throw em on there, you will be pleased, the stockers are trash.

Look at Hooker Aerochambers (quickly as they are being discontinued).

Dynomax UltraFlo's are also sweet.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Isn't this seriously the 10th thread on the same thing this week?

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I've had it since Nov 06'......

nice rumble at idle, little bark at start-up to know its a V8...
It's definitely not a "tuning or tuned" exhaust improvement.... that costs money. :cool:

If i had to choose stock off-shelf caddy muffs the SS had or Muff Delete I'll take the air flow improvement and deal with the sound change. YMMV
-ALF out...

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
friends dont let friends run flowmasters.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
there has really been a boost in these threads, maybe because the threads dont stay in the section they disappear after a lil while, all of the other forums the threads stay in the section, y does it dot to that here?? they have the space lol

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
there has really been a boost in these threads, maybe because the threads dont stay in the section they disappear after a lil while, all of the other forums the threads stay in the section, y does it dot to that here?? they have the space lol
You know what it might be...Every time I come back to the forum, it only shows threads from the last day, and I have to change that manually to last week, or whatever my preference. I bet people look at the 3 threads from the last day (if they look at all) and then decide to start a new one. Dunno...

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I just went to the User CP and changed my options to show threads from the last week. We'll see if it sticks this time. ;)

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I show ALL threads. That is what is happening.... they cannot see old threads therefor start a new one. I think everyones preferences should be VIEW ALL THREADS from the start.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
oh ok i just did it an now it looks like what im use to seeing, glad i didnt start one of these lol

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
how much should I have to spend total to get them put in? I asked the guy whos working on my car now how much it would cost and he said dynomax mufflers and delete the resonators for 800. Wanted to see how far off that is? I figured I could do it cheaper than that. I just want some sound for as cheap as possible but I dont want it to sound bad haha

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
You could get a complete Dynomax Ultraflo SS 2.5" catback with resonators and installation for that kind of money. The mufflers alone are around $82 each. If you are just doing that and eliminating your resonators, the entire labor shouldn't be more that a couple of hundred, if that. Shop that around.

·
Registered
654 Posts
how much should I have to spend total to get them put in? I asked the guy whos working on my car now how much it would cost and he said dynomax mufflers and delete the resonators for 800. Wanted to see how far off that is? I figured I could do it cheaper than that. I just want some sound for as cheap as possible but I dont want it to sound bad haha
you gettin raped for that price!!! 800 is rediculous just for what he is talking about. like ol boy said above, you can get the complete dynomax system for about 500 shipped. and installation should be like 150-200 depending on the shop or you could just have a shop fab you up a system with h or x pipe and mufflers of your choice for about 500-650, or you can do the work yourself and just have the 500 for the cat back. if have jackstands and basic tools, you can do this yourself with the dynomax system.

·
Registered
8,636 Posts
Are you getting lube for that hard anal pounding? Are you going to take it in the mouth afterwards as well? Holy CRAP....

For $800, you could buy the complete Dynomax catback, and have it installed.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Dont go back to that guy......ever!

Never ceases to amaze me, these POS so called "mechanics."

They think we are all illiterate aSSwipes.

I would have said this to his $800.00 price quote:
"Okay man, just lemme know when that Dynomax cat-back system comes in and I will bring the car in for you to install it."

As stated by a few above me, send this guy packing quick.

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
Used Grots, 3" pipe, X pipe, two Aerochambers installed and I don't have $800 in it. Wow...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts