Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any pics of multiple midrange and tweeters custom installed in the doors? Like the guys that be on "Pimp My Ride". I wonder how it would sound to have 4 of these midrange speakers in each door.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have 2 6 1/2 JL Audio XR coaxial in each door. I am not done painting my door panels but there is a pic on my car domain. It is rediculously loud. It sounds good too.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have 2 6 1/2" Eclipse component sets in each door. I redid the doors, making a sealed fiberglass enclosure out of the bottom half.

I originally had a single set in each door using the adapter plate from the tech section. This sounded pretty good, but doesn't compare to the 2 sets sealed.

The speakers are set up like this.

And when finished they look like this.

They are loud and very clean sounding. Managed to pull off a first place at the Nats SQ competition with this setup.

Later,
Brad

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
a friend of mine who does car audio says he's put 6x9 speakers in with no problem...the front door panel wtih out cutting or modifying....sounded crazy to me sso i stuck with 6 1/2 s

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm just going with 9's in the doors and the horns under the dash.... I'm starting to appreciate that clean stock look.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ucp let me know how that horn install goes, mine looks to be a bitch. Plus these horn motors are huge.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ive also bveen considering horns too... but I cant figure out where to put em... yet

under dash looks to be the best option to me

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by B. Savage:
Ive also bveen considering horns too... but I cant figure out where to put em... yet

uhhh, thats about the only place they go.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
B Savage, are you going to use a compression mid/high horn? The ones they are going to use are sound quality compression drivers. Loud, efficient, and very clean when done right.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So did anybody or does anybody know someone that install 6x9 in there front doors? some pic would be nice, Im thinking about doing it

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by B. Campbell:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by B. Savage:

uhhh, thats about the only place they go. </font>[/QUOTE]IM not using the compression drivers... Im looking @ some dls iridiums
iridium 3" "dome"

sorry...I had a brain fart there

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
To GlennSS and Pistonhead, About how much would an install like that in the front doors cost for a double midrange and tweeter set in the front doors. I would be pricing a few stereo shops here in town to do the work.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts