Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, bought my 96 SS off of my brother a few months ago and its been super fun so far. Ive done a few mods and a few maintenance things too. It hasn't needed much as the car only has 19k original miles! It spends its life in a heated garage(always has) and only taken out on nice days etc.

First thing i did when i got it was a nice pro detail. Ive been doing it for years and used to have my own shop so i felt right at home on it. I clayed it, polished it on the variable speed polisher with Poorboy's polish and then hit it with their glaze. Followed it up with Natty's blue wax and then later on with Surf City carnauba wax, very nice stuff.

As far as mods, he had a Magnaflow polished stainless exhaust system installed on it several years ago, tints, and impala logo mats. In my possession i did the K+N cold air intake, new Nitto tires(the original were dried out), typical 61' emblems on the fenders, red bow tie in the grill, and clear corners. Maintenance wise so far i did the oil with Mobil !(same since day 1), flushed all brake fluid with synthetic, coolant flush, and had to replace a couple grease fittings up front which were plugged for some reason.

Anyway, im sure i forgot to mention a few things but i love the car so far and look forward to taking it to car shows and cruise nights etc. I took a good ride with it a couple weeks ago and took pics. Ill be putting it away soon as the weather is gonna change here soon in Chicago. Enjoy! PS, doing a triple gauge pod setup next week:) More stuff to do of course but its been a productive 3 months.

http://rides.webshots.com/album/578747864ecMSki

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
nice car!!

love the clean look of a impala!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! Its had an easy life what can i say lol. Hell it should be even easier now that i own it hehehe.

·
Registered
163 Posts
looks good!i can only hope mine looks half as good someday,how do i go back a 100k?

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
this DCM is EXTRA clean!!

looks good!i can only hope mine looks half as good someday,how do i go back a 100k?
shiddd my DCM need to go back 200k lol

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the compliments guys. Ya she is clean thats for sure. It helped that it was always covered in the garage etc. It had minor swirls just from washing over the years but when i took it over i put the crazy detail on it so that paint is like a mirror now. It has a couple dings on the side from car doors bumping it on accident a couple times es but nothing major and im sure paint less dent removal can take care of it. Im gonna keep the miles low just to preserve it ya know. Ill probably put about 2k a year on it mainly on nice days and car shows etc. I have a Jeep as my daily driver and a motorcycle so i can change it up hahaha.

Looks like a nice spot. Any good fishin there? Best color BTW

Thanks. Its funny as im close to the city but i luckily have a beautiful section of forest preserves a few miles away. I dont fish myself but all of those areas are loaded with people fishing on nice days. I was out super early so thats why no one was in the background etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts