Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres my caprice.
when i got it out of a field it didnt run and there was not a straight panel on it, since then ive shaved the rear doors, trunk, hood and antenna, straightened everything out, took all the ugly moldings off and changed the whole interior from grey to black. its got a collapsed lifter and a front seal leak now, but i just bought a 94 z28 LT1 with 130,000KM on it to swap in during winter ( i live in alberta canada), probably going to use the console and analog dash as well. my dad and i did all the body work and paint, and engine work/brakes. hes been building hot rods forever and im just learning the ropes of that and working in an upholstery shop ( im 21). hope ya guys like my car, though its nothing special, i like it and ive turned down people trying to buy it haha
oh and dont worry, i didnt waste any money on the camaro, it was $800 for the whole car.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/motorheadbanger/capriceheadrest.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/motorheadbanger/caprice.jpg

·
Registered
262 Posts
Super clean, nice.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum, '96. That's hell of a DIY body/paint you guys did for that caprice. Props to you and your dad!
thanks man, my dad has been doing body work and paint since he was about 14, im happy with the way it turned out. after the engine swap is done i think im going to repaint it, not sure of color yet, maybe a flat color, and shave the front door handles too ( or atleast paint them body color )

·
Registered
120 Posts
like what you got planned out for it, better keep posting pics on the forum :D ... im 20 and live in montreal and got people always wanting to buy my imp and caprice lol... u best hold on to it forever

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Not really feeling the shaved door handles on the rear. If your going to shave might as well do it completely. I do like the color though? Whats it called. Those SS rims would look good on there powdercoated black with a polished lip. Or even maybe charcoal

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not really feeling the shaved door handles on the rear. If your going to shave might as well do it completely. I do like the color though? Whats it called. Those SS rims would look good on there powdercoated black with a polished lip. Or even maybe charcoal
meh i dont much care if you dont like it.
the color doesnt have a name as i mixed it myself with grey black and pearl, but it will be changed this spring when it gets repainted, and no more impala rims.

and to whoever said lower it more, i live in alberta canada, the bumpiest most uneven roads ever, and i scrape going in and out of almost every parking lot. its low enough for the driving conditions where i live

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Cool.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.