Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My alarm usually sounds once when i arm it and twice to disarm. I think it a viper alarm, it was installed by the dealer when my dad purchased the car. Anyway lately it has been sounding or beeping 3 times when armed and once again just once about 10 seconds later when the interior light goes off. Anyone know why it might be doing this. Also where can i find a manual for it. My dad no longer has it... :rolleyes:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
what model is it? directed.com should show the manual

Sounds like it is working fine. Arming and sensing that the dome light is on, chirps 3rd time to tell you it bypassed the door trigger until domelight goes out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The reason i ask is because it has never done that. It usually just arms when i lock the door and it just sounds once. It has a mind of its own. Not sure what model it is. Thanks for the site, ill check it out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In order to get any kind of help from directed or any local shop for that matter, you will have to know the model for the alarm, it is easy to figure out, just take the dash lower panel off, and the metal knee plate too, then just find the little black box with all the wires coming out of it, depending on how good it was installed it may be taped and the wires covered with loom to match factory wiring, like mine is now, or they may be all over the place like the first alarm i had installed by a shop. but the case for the alarm will have the model on it, as well as the serial number, ya may need that too. and the manufacture date will be on a sticker on it, if it is a DEI alarm, like viper, clifford, or any of the other dozen names, it has a lifetime warranty on equipment and installation, if it was done by an authorized dealer. if not, the equipment still has a warranty. DEI stands behind their product, but if it isnt installed by a dealer, then you dont get the 100,000 dollar theft guarantee. Once you know the model you can get a manual in pdf, but i think Directed.com has put password protection on their tech pages now so only authorized dealers can access them, if so, let me know and i can get you the manual... i still have buddies at my old shop.
FWIW, good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.