Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a couple pics of my 93 Fleetwood. I have been riding around with the rear bagged for about a year, and I finally finished bagging the front yesterday. Its not as low as I want it, but as this is my daily driver, I'm doing a little at a time. The wheels are 18" Ridler 695's.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Nice man looks really good. Have any pictures of the work you did? I really want to bag mine one day.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice man looks really good. Have any pictures of the work you did? I really want to bag mine one day.
No I didn't. I'll take some though, next time I have the wheels off. Here is a topic from on here that helped me while I was doing mine. The picture of the spring pocket and where he cut out for the control arm to pivot. http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=263892&highlight=bagged

In case anyone was wondering, I am running 7" bags all the way around. Upper and lower cups in the front. I will eventually plate the lower control arm.. Out back I have upper cups and I cut the spring perches off the axle and made brackets that I welded on there. I have a Viair 444C Dual pack, but I am only running 1 right now since I only have a 3 gallon tank. I am using manual paddle switches. I plan on putting in some kind of center console, not sure if I want to use a blazer unit or fiberglass something custom. I have a temporary panel under the ash tray to hold 4 switches and 2 guages. The guage for tank pressure will go in the headliner in the sunglass holder.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Nice link, how's the ride?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It rides nice. It doesn't have shocks up front yet, but I am surprised at how well it rides. That being said, I will be putting shocks on the front first of the year. I drove it with no shocks in the rear for a while and it was almost unbearable. It bounced constantly. Now I have the cheapest monroe's I could get. They are next to useless and will be replaced with something better.

I did more than bag the front, though. I installed polyurethane bushings and a pro forged steering kit. Everything that was on there was stock and worn out, and the steering was very loose. Also the previous owner heated the springs to lower it. The rear springs were so bad I bagged it almost as soon as I got it. It still needs an alignment but the steering is so much tighter.

I am very pleased with how it turned out. I need to clean a few things up, but once that's done, it's on to paint.

Also, I was riding around with 55 psi up front and 15 psi in the back.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some more pics. I took a couple of the spring pocket as requested.

And one with my dog, Odin.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I second that with IMPALO. Great background and focus was perfect!!! Magazine background quality.
Thanks a lot. Wish I could say intended for that, but I didnt. Truth is Its hard to focus the camera with my glasses on.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Looking good man nice work, I'm anxious to see how that console turns out as well.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks. Here it is ready to go in. I am pleased with the outcome. I may eventually get another valve. Right now I have the front on individual valves and both rear bags on one valve. The rear is really slow. We'll see though.

IMG_0958

1 - 16 of 16 Posts